MVC Conference [Final]: Drake vs Loyola-Chicago, 3/7, 1:10 PM, CBS

ISU86

Loyola-Chicago -6 1/2 | 132 1/2 Drake

Opening line above, now Ramblers -8 | 125 Bulldogs.

On a secondary note, does every AAC game that precedes a MVC final seem to go exceedingly long?

Redbird Alum 2004

I am jealous the aac got to have bands and cheer leaders there. The enterprise center has been dead except for the security coming after anyone who dares to pull their mask down to take a drink and not put it immediately back up.

bombay

Great game between Memphis and Houston. Those teams deserve a better league.

Memphis' best player today - Williams - transfered from Evansville last year after they canned whatsisname.

ISU86

Great game between Memphis and Houston. Those teams deserve a better league.

Memphis' best player today - Williams - transfered from Evansville last year after they canned whatsisname.
Houston was originally supposed to be in the Big XII but then-Texas governor Ann Richards (a Baylor alum) supposedly would not authorize a deal of Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech from the SWC unless it included Baylor over Houston.

Bird Friend

Good game by Loyola. Drake played well for not having their two top players. A 40 NET with only 1 Tier 1 win may hurt them, considering how many of the power conf bubble teams still have games to play . . .

Birdfriend72

Good game by Loyola. Drake played well for not having their two top players. A 40 NET with only 1 Tier 1 win may hurt them, considering how many of the power conf bubble teams still have games to play . . .
Ok, something other than Muller. Is Drake a shoe in to make the Dance? I say, yes.

ISU FAN 1

Ok, something other than Muller. Is Drake a shoe in to make the Dance? I say, yes.
Drake has a nearly identical profile as ISU when we got snubbed a few years back. Also sitting on the bubble going into Championship Sunday like we were. Nothing good can happen for them with a week for most other teams to polish their resumes. IMO, a one bid league.

Last edited:

Birdfriend72

Drake has a nearly identical profile as ISU when we got snubbed a few years back. Also sitting in “last 4 in” going into Championship Sunday like we were. Nothing good can happen for them with a week for most other teams to polish their resumes. IMO, a one bid league.
That makes drake 0-1

bombay

Houston was originally supposed to be in the Big XII but then-Texas governor Ann Richards (a Baylor alum) supposedly would not authorize a deal of Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech from the SWC unless it included Baylor over Houston.

I despised baylor even before kenny starr presided over Art Briles' rape factory.

Bird Friend

CBS has DU as a Wed nite, first four team.
Lunardi has them as an 11-seed.
SBNation has them as an 11-seed.
Katz has them as a Wed nite, first four team.

That's pretty much where ISU was before getting hammered by Drake. They were in, then they weren't. They were on the edge but not quite in when they got hammered by WSU. Drake played better against Loyola . . . but with a week left to go, I won't be at all surprised if they don't make it.

FWIW, everybody has Loyola as a 9-seed . . . which makes me want Loyola to reach the Final Four again.

jamminjamarsmiley

Drake has a nearly identical profile as ISU when we got snubbed a few years back. Also sitting on the bubble going into Championship Sunday like we were. Nothing good can happen for them with a week for most other teams to polish their resumes. IMO, a one bid league.
The difference I see is that Drake was somewhat competitive today (down 2 starters). Meanwhile, ISU came in and looked like they were unprepared and got blitzed by the Shockers. Also, losing by 40 at Wichita in the prior matchup didn’t look good. Think Drake is a little bit more respectable than 17 ISU at this point.

Top Bottom