MVC Coaches Teleconference

Adunk33

Staff member

Muller is on around the 1 hour 6 minute mark.

Biggest "note" to come out is that 3 weeks in, he is more excited about the talent level in the program now than in the last 3-4 years. He said last season's defensive woes were due to personnel. Mentioned both Freeman and Lewis are strong defenders. He did not confirm that Reeves is returning but said all signs point to yes. Also briefly discussed the "trade" of Dedric Boyd/Mark Freeman and McChesney/Dusan (transferring to Utah who's new HC is the former HC at Utah State). He said the positive is that you know everything about the player you're getting in these instances.

Another interesting thing he mentioned was that the team might feel brand new, but they only brought in 4 new scholarship guys. It definitely seemed like more with the walk-ons. He talked about NIL, basically saying its evolving and he's going to support the players any way he can. Any business owners out there...feel free to go find your local star and let him know there is a sweet endorsement deal waiting for him if he comes to ISU.

I'm sure Benson will have an article out soon outlining the call.

ricohill

Uh oh, Delusional Dan is back!!! I sense a first place vote by Muller again!

"I really like where our roster is at right now talent-wise. I'm more excited about our talent level on our roster right now than it has been in about 3-4 years," he said. "That's not to put anything on our last couple teams. Three weeks in, we have talent. We have to make sure the guys expect to win, and that's hard to do when you've had down years. But I think we have guys who are hungry."

Top Bottom