MVC Champs

fourthandshort

I'm just glad Petrino was able to pull some strings to finally got their field cleared by week 2 to start the season !!

:sneaky:

But congrats to their players ... very nice season for them !!

gobirds85

And I doubt they make the playoffs. Womp, womp! Screw them and their crappy tv announcers.

Virginia Redbird

Six bids still up for grabs. The automatic bids are:

2020-21 FCS automatic qualifiers

CONFERENCESCHOOL
Big SkyWeber State
Big SouthMonmouth
CAADelaware
Missouri ValleySouth Dakota State
NECSacred Heart
OVCJacksonville State
Patriot LeagueHoly Cross
Pioneer LeagueDavidson
SouthernVMI
SouthlandSam Houston

Virginia Redbird

Just predictions, which mean next to nothing, but Bracketology has three MVFC teams getting at large bids.

At-Large Bids (Ranked from most likely to least likely to get in)
11. JMU
12. NDSU
13. EWU
14. UND
15. Richmond
16. Missouri St.

They will probably all be on the same side of the bracket...what else is new? I may tune in the championship, depending on who makes it. I can't say I am very interested. This spring has truly been a weird thing. Congrats to Missouri St for a share of the title. Not that this spring really means anything anyway. At large bids will be announced soon. We will see how accurate this prediction is. I think NDSU, UND and MSU all make the cut. Then again, do they want 3 of the 6 at large teams from the same conference. We will see if conference politics rears its ugly head!

redbirds2000

Just predictions, which mean next to nothing, but Bracketology has three MVFC teams getting at large bids.

At-Large Bids (Ranked from most likely to least likely to get in)
11. JMU
12. NDSU
13. EWU
14. UND
15. Richmond
16. Missouri St.

They will probably all be on the same side of the bracket...what else is new? I may tune in the championship, depending on who makes it. I can't say I am very interested. This spring has truly been a weird thing. Congrats to Missouri St for a share of the title. Not that this spring really means anything anyway. At large bids will be announced soon. We will see how accurate this prediction is. I think NDSU, UND and MSU all make the cut. Then again, do they want 3 of the 6 at large teams from the same conference. We will see if conference politics rears its ugly head!

If we were a part of this and won it, I bet this spring would mean something then. We would raise the trophy and hang a banner like anyone else. It means something, if you are playing.

Virginia Redbird

If we were a part of this and won it, I bet this spring would mean something then. We would raise the trophy and hang a banner like anyone else. It means something, if you are playing.
No doubt but it will always have the asterisk! That may or may not mean anything. Up to the individual but it is not like a regular-season where everybody was playing a full schedule.

TIMMY

No doubt but it will always have the asterisk! That may or may not mean anything. Up to the individual but it is not like a regular-season where everybody was playing a full schedule.
I'd like to throw out my congratulations to Holy Cross (3-0) and Monmouth (3-0) on completing a grueling regular season and making the "playoffs".
What a joke this whole thing is.

gobirds85

When it comes down to the final four, I believe we will still see the usually suspects. Two Valley teams, JMU, and Sam Houston, or Jax St.

Manchester Matt

When it comes down to the final four, I believe we will still see the usually suspects. Two Valley teams, JMU, and Sam Houston, or Jax St.
Ah yes, Jax State. The program that's been to the semifinals one time in its existence and has an impressive 6-9 playoff record. Usual suspect. LOL.

gobirds85

Ah yes, Jax State. The program that's been to the semifinals one time in its existence and has an impressive 6-9 playoff record. Usual suspect. LOL.

Who would be your final four? You seem to be incredibly knowledgeable, so let's have your picks. Outside of Valley teams, JMU and maybe Sam Houston the field isn't very deep.

Virginia Redbird

If you look at the bracket matchings, my guess would be NDSU and JMU meet in one semi. On the other side of the bracket, I would think SDSU gets one slot, although SIU has been kind of hot and cold. If they have a good day then who knows. The other semi-team is probably Jax State. I don't think Jax State's is particularly tough but the bracket does not look all that tough.

gobirds85

If you look at the bracket matchings, my guess would be NDSU and JMU meet in one semi. On the other side of the bracket, I would think SDSU gets one slot, although SIU has been kind of hot and cold. If they have a good day then who knows. The other semi-team is probably Jax State. I don't think Jax State's is particularly tough but the bracket does not look all that tough.
I guess we will just wait for Santa to impart his infinite wisdom upon us all as to who will be in the final 4. He knows all, just ask him.

Top Bottom