MVC Awards

ricohill

Apparently, MVC coaches and media don’t think as highly of our team as rbf. No freshman on all-freshman team and one third team selection.

Birdfriend72

Apparently, MVC coaches and media don’t think as highly of our team as rbf. No freshman on all-freshman team and one third team selection.

Until they get a solid starting big, and a real offense that allows for ball movement and not chucking 3's...our players won't shine. FYI- I thought we were going to have a Havoc full-court press and that was a goal? It seems we have the guards...and maybe an athletic big for the middle with Ndaiye (1-2-2).

Last edited:

ricohill

Good news is they haven’t named coach of the year. Muller could still win that....

Adunk33

Staff member

During yesterday's call, Ben Jacobsen had some nice things to say about the Redbird offense. I'm not really a fan of it, but one of, if not the most respected coaches in the league seems to suggest is it tough to play against. Coach Jake starts around 8:15 mark.

jbird

Could be Jacobsen just lulling ISU into comfort with the status quote; you don't recommend improvements to an adversary.

AllFacts

Wow, not one single, "Congratulations DJ", on this thread .....really speaks to the level of the Fan base view on the kid's hard work and efforts .... this kid has worked (battled back after injury) his tail off to be recognized despite the disappointing season we've had. Just wow, wow! Some are quick to stay he's transferring but I wouldn't blame him now if he did. No love for DJ!! I'm convinced of that!!!

Last edited:

AllFacts

Wow, not one single, "Congratulations DJ", on this thread .....really speaks to the level of the Fan base view on the kid's hard work and efforts .... this kid has worked (battled back after injury) his tail off to be recognized despite the disappointing season we've had. Just wow, wow! Some are quick to stay he's transferring but I wouldn't blame now if he did. No love for DJ!!
Oooopps! I almost forgot, Congratulations DJ, well deserved kid!!!

Manchester Matt

Well deserved accolades for DJ. I thought Washington had an outside chance of being on the All Freshman team, but hard to argue with any of the selections. Childs on the second team is a joke.

ricohill

Wow, not one single, "Congratulations DJ", on this thread .....really speaks to the level of the Fan base view on the kid's hard work and efforts .... this kid has worked (battled back after injury) his tail off to be recognized despite the disappointing season we've had. Just wow, wow! Some are quick to stay he's transferring but I wouldn't blame him now if he did. No love for DJ!! I'm convinced of that!!!
Stop being over dramatic.

3rd team is a participation award. They create that so bad teams can have someone win something. Lots of players work hard. If DJ or any player wants respect or pats on the back, win something.

If DJ Horne leaves he leaves. Or he could get better, not be one dimensional (shooter), and win.

I don’t know if you are family or a friend, but if his attitude is to quit and leave because of a message board not giving him enough compliments then he’s not going to be happy anywhere.

AllFacts

Stop being over dramatic.

3rd team is a participation award. They create that so bad teams can have someone win something. Lots of players work hard. If DJ or any player wants respect or pats on the back, win something.

If DJ Horne leaves he leaves. Or he could get better, not be one dimensional (shooter), and win.

I don’t know if you are family or a friend, but if his attitude is to quit and leave because of a message board not giving him enough compliments then he’s not going to be happy anywhere.
Thanks Rico, adding you to the list also. Have yourself a nice day!

Top Bottom