Muller Press Conference

TBS_20

There is only 1 presser regarding Muller that I care about

TheTruth

I just keep getting the vibe that he is lost for answers. He knows he hasn't recruited well and he's completely outclassed when it comes to talent most nights, but he keeps playing it off as if these kids just aren't playing hard enough. I feel bad for him, because I believe he genuinely loves the school and hates what's become of the program just as much as we do. I just wish there were some signs of hope for him getting this thing turned around.

ISU86

I seem to recall when Dan was hired and was outlining his approach, there was a faction that thought there was something to his high risk/high reward recruiting. Dan would get talented athletes and over time the basketball skill level would theoretically increase. The up-side of this is, on "any" given night, they could literally beat any team. The down-side to this is, there have not been enough "any" given nights and teams that have even average-to-decent disciplined/skill players are defeating us more often than not.

Dan's teams may indeed have higher ceilings but also lower foundations. Right now any posession/game/season is like Forrest Gump said, "you never know what you are going to get".

Dan has amped up the overall non-conference scheduling, something that certainly restricted Tim Jankovich's squads from landing an at-large bid. Dan also hired assistant coaches who, at least early-on, were in-demand to improve their lots. Tim had the same staff for his five seasons (which cuts both ways ~ there is stability but also nothing anyone else deemed worthy enough to poach). And Tim has only once made the Big Dance since arriving at Southern Methodist, and that was a Larry Brown-recruited roster.

I think Dan still believes his approach will eventually mine gold (and it could ala Porter Moser), and a lot of us do want the alumnus to succeed. I also think he believes he can get out of other players the way Stallings got out of him.

But at the moment it is not looking promising and the remaining road available is running out.

redbirdfan04

I just keep getting the vibe that he is lost for answers. He knows he hasn't recruited well and he's completely outclassed when it comes to talent most nights, but he keeps playing it off as if these kids just aren't playing hard enough. I feel bad for him, because I believe he genuinely loves the school and hates what's become of the program just as much as we do. I just wish there were some signs of hope for him getting this thing turned around.
I don't think we have agreed on much Truth but this is spot on.

Top Bottom