MSU

cubird

Watched the game tonight and the Lady Birds only scored 3 baskets in the quarter. After being down by 16..believe that got w/in 3 with the ball in the 4th. Probably the most inconsistent officiated ladies game I have seen all year. Never seen a foul taken off the board after a review. Maybe to determine if it is a flagrant or a common foul. Also, a player does not like a call and falls to the floor and pounds the floor in front of the ref....crickets. You would think the Valley would make adjustments late in the season to have one of their best crews at a game that very well may to determine the regular season champ.

Loyl2u

Watched the game tonight and the Lady Birds only scored 3 baskets in the quarter. After being down by 16..believe that got w/in 3 with the ball in the 4th. Probably the most inconsistent officiated ladies game I have seen all year. Never seen a foul taken off the board after a review. Maybe to determine if it is a flagrant or a common foul. Also, a player does not like a call and falls to the floor and pounds the floor in front of the ref....crickets. You would think the Valley would make adjustments late in the season to have one of their best crews at a game that very well may to determine the regular season champ.
I don’t like to criticize officials, as it is an extremely difficult job, but I have to agree that this was a very inconsistent job by the crew. Almost felt like they came into it wanting to “let them play” and let a tremendous amount of contact go that has been called all season long, then their instincts would kick in and they’d make a call. I am perplexed as well about them taking a foul off the board after the replay review. I know that NCAA Women’s rules vary in many ways from the men,and while I’ve seen the type of foul reviewed and changed, never have seen a foul taken off the board. If you can review and then waive a personal foul call after replay, why shouldn’t you review every foul call in last 2 minutes? I thought the Birds should have went to full court pressure far earlier. They were not getting good shots out of half-court and MSU was. They need to figure out how to create squared up looks for Compton, now that everyone is playing denial on her. Credit to MSU for challenging pretty much every shot and challenging around the basket without many fouls. Their size creates some problems for the Birds. Likely will see them again in Quad Cities.

Loyl2u

FYI- from a friend,
NCAAW 11-3.1.l

Determine, following the ruling of a contact foul by the officials, whether an intentional or contact disqualifying foul occurred
ADMINISTRATION: In (l), the replay review must be conducted before the ball becomes live following the foul. If replay determines that a contact disqualifying foul did not occur, but an intentional or personal foul did occur, those fouls shall be penalized; however, no other infractions may be penalized. When the review clearly and obviously discloses there was no contact, the foul ruling shall be reversed with no foul charged. With a plausible reason, officials may review the severity of the foul during the dead-ball period following the ruling.

Top Bottom