Men’s Tennis.

Buffett1

Needs a coaching change their conference record with current coach is abysmal.

Buffett1

coach has a 7 w. 19 L. In career conference record ….Winning percentage 28 %. Awful

Reggie Redbird

Posters can now bitch about a coach in a non-revenue sport.
It’s been allowable since there were WBB and baseball boards, as well as topics over the years for everything from VB and Wgolf (where we are at the top of the conference in resources and spending) to Track/Field (prior to Bovee taking the reigns, to Swimming/Diving.

I don’t mind the questioning. You have to figure most coaches get some sort of raise each year. If you can bring in a new coach at $10-20k (or more) cheaper and get the same results, you have to consider the move. A new coach can’t get much worse if results and has the potential to get better results than we’re seeing now.

Frankly, it is in fiscal the interest of Illinois taxpayers who partly subsidize these expenses to make a change. MBB/FB revenue are not covering these costs.

Last edited:

Bird Friend

It’s been allowable since there were WBB and baseball boards, as well as topics over the years for everything from VB and Wgolf (where we are at the top of the conference in resources and spending) to Track/Field (prior to Bovee taking the reigns, to Swimming/Diving.

I don’t mind the question. You have to figure most coaches get some sort of raise each year. If you can bring in a new coach at $10-20k (or more) cheaper and get the same results, you have to consider the move. A new coach can’t get much worse if results and has the potential to get better results than we’re seeing now.

Frankly, it is in fiscal the interest of Illinois taxpayers who partly subsidize these expenses to make a change. MBB/FB revenue are not covering these costs.
Don't disagree with anything you've said . . . except there wasn't a question in the original post. ;)

Reggie Redbird

Don't disagree with anything you've said . . . except there wasn't a question in the original post. ;)
Oops! Meant to say “questioning.”

I just looked it up: 10 years he has been here. Last 5 seasons:

22-23: 10-14 (2-0 vs non-D1)
21-22: 8-17
20-21: 8-16 (1-0 vs non-D1)
19-20: 11-7 (3-0 vs non-D1)
18-19: 13-12 (4-0 vs non-D1)

Once you peel back the non-D1 wins, things are more concerning. That doesn’t include yearly wins over Chicago State or other simile opponents.

I’m not saying a change should be made immediately, but it seems like an assessment of the program needs to be completed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom