Committed Malachi Poindexter, 6-2/190, SG, UVA (Transfer)

Adunk33

Staff member
“A lot of the schools are saying that I’m a pretty good player, they would love to have me. But the schools that stuck out to me were schools that talked about their culture,” Poindexter said. “The schools that seem like they care a lot about me outside of basketball."

So far, Pedon is practicing what he preaches.

DaveBird10

“A lot of the schools are saying that I’m a pretty good player, they would love to have me. But the schools that stuck out to me were schools that talked about their culture,” Poindexter said. “The schools that seem like they care a lot about me outside of basketball."

So far, Pedon is practicing what he preaches.

And he comes form a school that preaches and does it with culture in Virginia. I like the way Virginia plays, didn't put up a lot of numbers but 2nd-3rd off the bench is interesting.

MadBird

Where did it say he was 2nd or 3rd off the bench? He only played in 19 out of 35 games and avgd. 6 minutes per game. 8 made baskets and 16 shots. And at least last year was a walk-on. More power to him, maybe he'll turn the corner, but not sure how much help he could provide. If he was 7'2 not 6'2 I'd be more interested! ;) No question involvement at VA is a positive tho, for sure.

DaveBird10

Where did it say he was 2nd or 3rd off the bench? He only played in 19 out of 35 games and avgd. 6 minutes per game. 8 made baskets and 16 shots. And at least last year was a walk-on. More power to him, maybe he'll turn the corner, but not sure how much help he could provide. If he was 7'2 not 6'2 I'd be more interested! ;) No question involvement at VA is a positive tho, for sure.
It was in the article. He was for the a few games because Virginia only plays 7 guys.

DougSutton

Interesting and welcome to Popsto4, our new member of our board who just joined today to share this post. My sense is there must be some connection. Either way, thanks for sharing and regardless of where he ends up, I wish him the best.

Redbird Alum 2004

I watched that video and he seems to have a nice fluid stroke. His passes also looked crisp and to the chest of his teammates. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Redbird uniform. I like that he has the desire to prove himself. I like guys with heart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom