Kentucky transfer

MadBird

I've been saying we need another Offensive Tackle and we got one. Jake Pope is a lengthy 6'7 so hopefully he can block the edge. Our QB's need protection. This is scratching where we were itching.

Come on down! Seems pretty decent "on paper". From his UK bio:

2021 (Sophomore)
  • Did not play during the regular season with injury
2020 (r-Freshman)
  • Practiced with the team
2019 (Freshman)
  • Redshirt season
  • Practiced with the team
High School
  • A three-star tackle by the major recruiting services
  • Listed as one of Florida’s top 100 players
  • Helped lead perennial powerhouse St. Thomas Aquinas to a 13-2 overall record, a district championship and the 7A state championship runner-up title in 2018
  • Selected to play in the Blue-Grey All American Bowl on Jan. 5, 2019 in Tampa, Florida
  • Didn't start playing football until his freshman year of high school
  • Coached by Roger Harriott
  • Chose Kentucky over Florida State, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Purdue and Virginia

Total Red

Staff member
2020 roster has his weight at 291 son he's gotten bigger and you would think he's over 300 by now.
As you wish...

FKnNZQuWYAcNGM2

Total Red

Staff member
We'll have excellent length at the Off Tackle position.

Peyton Asche 6'8
Daniel Forystek 6'8
Jake Pope 6'7
and Hunter Zambrano the shortie of the group 6'5

Adunk33

Staff member
You're looking for rebounds but I think what you would get would be fouls. ;)
I know it's a joke but how cool would that be? Mid-season addition of some 6'8 dudes that are just there to collect their 5 fouls. It'd be cool to have a two sport athlete again. I believe Bryant Allen was the last one...kind of a train wreck. Levi Deyer before him, if memory serves. The scholarship for a 2 sport athlete gets charged to the sport with less scholarships to offer so, basketball in this pretend situation.

dpdoughbird06

I know it's a joke but how cool would that be? Mid-season addition of some 6'8 dudes that are just there to collect their 5 fouls. It'd be cool to have a two sport athlete again. I believe Bryant Allen was the last one...kind of a train wreck. Levi Deyer before him, if memory serves. The scholarship for a 2 sport athlete gets charged to the sport with less scholarships to offer so, basketball in this pretend situation.
Himmelman could have been fun if he wasn’t so damn good at football…

Top Bottom