Jason Lewan done for 2021

Dmills

This is a huge loss for the defensive front. Best wishes to him in his recovery! Hope he gets another opportunity in the Redbird uniform.

Virginia Redbird

This is a huge loss for the defensive front. Best wishes to him in his recovery! Hope he gets another opportunity in the Redbird uniform.

I am really sorry to hear this news. Get well quickly young man. Two weeks into the season and I am wishing the Birds did an Indiana State and did not play this spring.

fourthandshort

Man, sucks for him for sure, especially missing next fall too .. . sucks for team too, the defense keeps taking significant hits.

This was one of the known risks with even playing this spring at all .. injuries with very short offseason. Plus normal wear and tear of 2 game seasons so close together.

DannyCooksey

that stinks. Lewan has been a really good player. get well soon

JHBird

Lewan is one of those unsung guys we really need. That was a bad play, huh? Losing two d-lineman in a blink of an eye. That Jude Okolo is an intriguing player. From what they said on the radio he's very raw but with freakish athletic ability. Great size for a DE (6-4 285) and only a freshman. I only listen to the games on the radio, so I haven't "seen" him play. Anybody get a good look at him? I'm assuming he's strong and fast. I can only imagine what he'll be in a few years. Heck, he's big enough to play DT.

MadBird

Lewan is one of those unsung guys we really need. That was a bad play, huh? Losing two d-lineman in a blink of an eye. That Jude Okolo is an intriguing player. From what they said on the radio he's very raw but with freakish athletic ability. Great size for a DE (6-4 285) and only a freshman. I only listen to the games on the radio, so I haven't "seen" him play. Anybody get a good look at him? I'm assuming he's strong and fast. I can only imagine what he'll be in a few years. Heck, he's big enough to play DT.

Someone else will remember for sure, Okolo has a "funny" story tho - he's been in the program for 2-3 years maybe? Greyshirt, redshirt, and then last fall off?? Something along those lines. So he's a freshman, but not a fresh-faced 18 year old.

Dmills

Coach Spack said today Lewan isn't completely ruled out for the fall season. They will see where he is at when his plate is taken out in the summer. There is a chance he is on the field if he is comfortable and healthy at some point in the fall. We've seen this story before though like with Edgar who was cleared, but never ended up seeing the field hardly this Spring. Hope Lewan gets healthy and does what is best for his future. Would love to see him back in the Redbird uniform soon

Total Red

Staff member
That would be a great added bonus to get Lewan back at some point in '21. Some people think we're hurting on the DL, but I'd say they're barking up the wrong tree. I've got Hickcox (Minnesota transfer), Powell and Okolo penciled in as the interior starters. We'll see. That's 3 tough hombres right there with good depth behind them to rotate in.

Top Bottom