Offered/Committed Elsewhere Jaheem Webber, 6-9, PF/C, Normal Community

Adunk33

First time I saw this kid play was at The State Farm Holiday Classic this year. During warm ups, I thought, "Ah, this is the classic football player just trying to stay in shape in the offseason." Then he got in the game and I was surprised. Very mobile, nice touch around the rim, and a true post player. I don't know if he's getting a ton of D1 interest right now but I think it'll come. He's got a couple more years of school and AAU ball to start turning heads.

RedbirdSoxFan

So Normal Community will have two 6’9” Juniors? That should be a very tough team to deal with. I can also see why Coach Pedon & Judson visited their open gym.

Adunk33

As a person close to the situation, he has never played a down of football in his life! He is too tall for football!
Totally understand. I had no context going in and was just sharing first impressions. I saw quickly that I was wrong.

cubird

Too Tall Jones was 6’9” and had a hell of a career with Dallas. His post career as a boxer was not so good. Opponents would let him punch those long heavy arms out and then...:sleep:

Bird Friend

Staff member
Webber is already bigger than any in-comingpost as a HS junior we’ve had in years (excluding Chase Walker). By the time he’s a college frosh he’ll be something. Put him and Walker together and we’d have a new bigger bruise brothers (Lamb & Conley).

KingO

I hope I am wrong but I do not see him signing with the birds. From what I am seeing, he is waiting for bigger offers and will likely get them.

Redbirdfan76

Had the opportunity to see him play last night at the Washington Tournament of Champions. Jaheem showed some flashes of solid footwork and a nice touch around the rim, but had problems putting the ball in the basket last (as did many of the Ironmen).
Much work to be done, but like his potential!

Oh and I saw Brian Wardle at that game, obviously watching him. 🥴

Adunk, I do not think Brayden Roman was there last night… do you know if he is hurt? Ironmen really struggled last night to score.

Birdfriend72

Had the opportunity to see him play last night at the Washington Tournament of Champions. Jaheem showed some flashes of solid footwork and a nice touch around the rim, but had problems putting the ball in the basket last (as did many of the Ironmen).
Much work to be done, but like his potential!

Oh and I saw Brian Wardle at that game, obviously watching him. 🥴

Adunk, I do not think Brayden Roman was there last night… do you know if he is hurt? Ironmen really struggled last night to score.
What did he do against West last night? I am almost certain West doesn't have a kid over 6"5. At 6"10- he should be scoring a ton on an undersized West team.

Qcity

Roman has a broken hand and is out for a few weeks still

Didn’t see Webber against West, but against Central Catholic on Wednesday he only had 1 pt with their tallest player being 6’6”
He fouled out after getting a technical in 4th quarter

Buffett1

Roman has a broken hand and is out for a few weeks still

Didn’t see Webber against West, but against Central Catholic on Wednesday he only had 1 pt with their tallest player being 6’6”
He fouled out after getting a technical in 4th quarter
He was in foul trouble the entire tournament

Top Bottom