J-Rob vs Urban: The Battle of ISU football past

Redbirdwarrior

Anyone else following this nonsense happening in Jacksonville? J-Rob fumbled on sunday and sat out more than half the game.

The prodigy, Trevor Lawrence, has come to his defense, calling him one of the best players on the team and saying they need him on the field to compete.

Urban clearly not a fan of J-Rob, but Lawrence is.

StLRedbird

Meyer said he was unaware of how long JR was benched (not believable IMO) and in any case that is RB coach Bernie Parmalee's call. Also said he would get more involved in "game-day personnel decisions going forward, especially at RB and WR". Having Lawrence in your corner obviously helps.

GOP_Redbird

Carlos Hyde also fumbled and was on the field the next series. JAGS messed up by not firing Meyer after the Sexual Misconduct incident. #FreeJR

fourthandshort

I saw this too .. incredible moreso in that the fumble was just a great play by a great player. Donald had full wrap with his arm right on robinson's arm ... most players would have fumbled in that identical scenario. Urban then tried to say Donald didn't rip it out .. as if Robinson just coughed it up ??

Urban Meyer is just plain weird about this .. it's like he just wants a faster RB, even if he's not as good as Robinson. Many coming to Robinson's defense, including Trevor Lawrence overtly saying "we need JR on the field".

I don't think it is an FCS smaller school thing .. he seems to like Oshaugnessy a fair amount. I think it is obsession with speed, as if moving chains isn't as important as breakaway speed. I mean .. don't his numbers speak .. uh, scream .. for itself ???

Meyer .. you are a douche !!!

gobirds85

How meyer wasn't fired is a mystery? The video gave them a nice excuse to fire this jerk and probably would have saved $$$ on the deal. Who fumbled this one?

Redbird222

Carlos Hyde also fumbled and was on the field the next series. JAGS messed up by not firing Meyer after the Sexual Misconduct incident. #FreeJR
Yep but Hyde played at Ohio State for Meyer. Perhaps Meyer doesn't cherish his coaching days at ISU as much as the his days at OSU

ISUBird

Urban Meyer is ruining the team for his ego and holding back their best player. Who knows how many hundreds of yards and therefor millions Robinson has lost because Meyer can't manage an NFL game?

TIMMY

Meyer is a tool. But he's smart. He is a great recruiter. A GREAT recruiter. He's not a great X&O guy. He can do a nice job describing an RPO but he'll never be confused with Saban or Belichek. He has always had great coordinators and they carry the coaching load. Why he'd choose the NFL is beyond me.Ego maybe? Not cash the way things are going in college.
I hope James has a good agent and stays healthy. Unfortunately, running backs in the NFL are not the commodity they used to be. Short-sighted but that's the way i is.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
He had another issue where he was asked why some ones playing time was not increasing (not J-Rob) and he said "I think it is increasing, but I would have to look it up"

That player did not see the field this past Sunday. He has no clue what is going on. The Kahns should have never hired him. Tony Kahn is a million times a better wrestling company owner than his brother is NFL owner.

fourthandshort

He had another issue where he was asked why some ones playing time was not increasing (not J-Rob) and he said "I think it is increasing, but I would have to look it up"

That player did not see the field this past Sunday. He has no clue what is going on. The Kahns should have never hired him. Tony Kahn is a million times a better wrestling company owner than his brother is NFL owner.
just wow .. imagine players talking beind scenes when stuff like this happens in front of press. .. and it as to be worse behind the scenes, right ... is he new to whole concept of press conferences .. no. Crap like this just does not inspire trust or confidence .. obviously. Dude is tone deaf or knows he is out, and stopped caring about how bad it makes HIM look.

Top Bottom