It's a Bradley week!

Adunk33

Unfortunately, in the head-scratcher of the year, this game is Sunday night 1/16 at 7 p.m. The one game a year that would draw well regardless of how the teams are doing. It feels like a game where it'll be a 50/50 spilt between fans.

Battling with playoff football (Steelers-Chiefs), Sunday night, the team isn't catching headlines in the community....just win.

As GoBirds85 has indicated, that lead to a t-shirt release back in 2014, it Sucks to BU.

Redbird Alum 2004

Looking forward to having a few full practices and hopefully none of our guys deal with anything long term. Would love to have Freeman back but I would take Fleming at least. I am still amazed at the fire power on this team. It is going to be a fun battle to watch Chatman vs Mast.

Redbird Alum 2004

I would take Chatman all day everyday and twice on Sunday. The unlikely Roberts v Freeman matchup would've been a doozy.
You got that right about Chatman! He is a stud and I love how he plays with heart and passion. I am so happy he is a Redbird.

That Roberts vs Freeman matchup would have been fun but it will be nice to see Fleming lock Roberts down.

This is going to be a big game and one that we need.

gobirds85

Unfortunately, in the head-scratcher of the year, this game is Sunday night 1/16 at 7 p.m. The one game a year that would draw well regardless of how the teams are doing. It feels like a game where it'll be a 50/50 spilt between fans.

Battling with playoff football (Steelers-Chiefs), Sunday night, the team isn't catching headlines in the community....just win.

As GoBirds85 has indicated, that lead to a t-shirt release back in 2014, it Sucks to BU.

I still have my shirt. Do you?

It is far better to have failed at State, then to have succeeded at bu. It will always suck to bu.

Bird Friend

Staff member
That's some sweet insider scoop! Were you in charge of his barf bucket or something?
Nah . . . had some friends who had season tickets with a great view of Leroy's exertions just above the end of the bench.

Dmills

There are not a ton of students on campus right now due to online classes (probably no more than 60%). I hope we can get a good turnout in the student section. Would be nice to return more towards old times. If that is the case and we can get a good turnout and students have a good game day experience, then we could potentially see slightly better numbers for future games. Unfortunately, I think there are a large number of students who don't even know Bradley is our rival or that we are playing them in basketball. A lot of players have been posting about the game to try get people to come (I'm sure coach has told recent newcomers about the typical Bradley game atmosphere). Our guys deserve some support and I hope the fans can show out for them.

This was an interesting article I found that probably was discussed a few years ago. Don't agree with all of the points he makes, but is a different style of article than usual from the Vidette.

Phantom

It's the same as it's always been: Win.

Winning generates buzz and hype. That buzz generates interest. The hype softens apathy. People attend.

Right now, and for the last couple years, there hasn't been a lot of winning. So there's no buzz on campus - which is further affected by limited presence due to Covid. Factor in some folks still just don't want to venture out and/or wear masks indoors, or pay (do students still have to pay for gameday tix? - if so, sadly it's just not justified when that money is better spent on beer or pizza), and you have the maelstrom we are currently in.

The student in that Vidette article who asked "why should we care?"...as pathetic and upsetting as that question is, it's also legit and very hard to answer right now. There have been plenty of times where such a question would never need to be asked. Students DID care. HAVE cared. And WILL care again.

Just win.

Baltimore Bird

Those were the days YOGI!
I see this as a very important game to be in the Top 6 in the MVC. IMO, Drake, Loyola, No. Iowa and Mo State will take up 4 spots. I don't see Evansville competing for the Top 6. That leaves 5 teams for 2 spots. ISU Blue, Valpo, SIU, PU and the Birds. We need to beat those teams when we have the opportunity, especially at HOME. GO BIRDS!

Top Bottom