ISU at UNI

Redbird Alum 2004

This game will be a tough win. They are going to want payback and Green has been on fire. Copeland has to stay out of foul trouble and stay within the offense. Green will get his so Cope can't make those frustration fouls. Maybe Horne and Reeves prove to be UNI killers? Maybe? Just keep attacking the rim and play defense. UNI is a damn good team. Maybe we have their number. We shall see but it is hard to see a win at their place.

Redbird222

They are undefeated at home and we have not won a game on the road. Not a recipe for success. I am going to measure this on how competitive we are. Was Indiana State an arbitration or can we play consistently at a higher level?

Redbird222

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
This game will be a tough win. They are going to want payback and Green has been on fire. Copeland has to stay out of foul trouble and stay within the offense. Green will get his so Cope can't make those frustration fouls. Maybe Horne and Reeves price to be UNI killers? Maybe? Just keep attacking the rim and play defense. UNI is a damn good team. Maybe we have their number. We shall see but it is hard to see a win at their place.

:text-+1:

91Bird

I'm watching Illinois on espn vs Michigan State. They've been losing but have cut the lead to 7. Crowd going crazy....in the State Farm Center...with the State Farm headquarters in our town. Meanwhile we're in 9th place in a shitty conference. It's tough times in Redbird Country.

I fully anticipate UNI kicking our ass tomorrow.

RedbirdSoxFan

91Bird said:
I'm watching Illinois on espn vs Michigan State. They've been losing but have cut the lead to 7. Crowd going crazy....in the State Farm Center...with the State Farm headquarters in our town. Meanwhile we're in 9th place in a shitty conference. It's tough times in Redbird Country.

Thanks for sharing.

CaliRdBrd

91Bird said:

That was a pretty electric atmosphere. Great game.
Not to turn it into an Illini discussion, but hoping Dosunmu is ok. He went down hard to end the game.

Phantom

We'll either steal a close one because we have absolutely no business doing so, and thus dash the fledgling hope that UNI could have at an at-large should they fail to win in STL...or we will lose 95-17.

Loyl2u

Keeping Green from getting going is mission #1. Their ball handling was suspect first game They ended up having Green bring the ball up at the end last game, to get him looks. Could we see lots of trapping and double teaming out front? Who do you put on Green-Copeland? Fisher will need to be able to come out and help on the wing( looked to be Green’s favorite spot)-don’t recall Green driving much-leaves dump down to low post open, Birds will need to be able to challenge those shots without getting into too much foul trouble. Any word on Taylor?

On the O side, need to get Copeland going with some open looks. My guess is UNI will challenge the outside shots and Birds will need to drive, but will need to be more careful lowering the shoulder , as UNI is willing to step in front and take the charge. Look for the drive to open spot and pull up to be available.

I’m not in love with UNI- should Birds lose -yep, can they pull the double upset- Red colored glasses but if they are down less than 12 at half- I think they have chance.

SoCalRedbird

I'd like to see us play a faster, more up-tempo brand of basketball tonight. Our ability to score from within a half-court set is questionable--streaky shooters and minimal post presence. Let's run, run, and run some more!

But, yeah.... We're in trouble tonight. UNI will be out for blood. Let's hope we can stay in long enough to make a game of it in the end.

UNI 79
ISU 61

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ricohill

Interesting article on UNI. Jacobson got some help from Nick Nurse. Halfway through.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/court-report-dukes-vernon-carey-still-not-getting-enough-credit-story-behind-byu-mascots-epic-flying-dunk/

I'd feel better about this game if we lost the first game. UNI is better than us and won't look past us. UNI 78-65.

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
This game will be a tough win. They are going to want payback and Green has been on fire. Copeland has to stay out of foul trouble and stay within the offense. Green will get his so Cope can't make those frustration fouls. Maybe Horne and Reeves prove to be UNI killers? Maybe? Just keep attacking the rim and play defense. UNI is a damn good team. Maybe we have their number. We shall see but it is hard to see a win at their place.

"this game will be a tough win." Understatement of the year.

Redbird222

My keys

1. We need to win the turnover battle
2. Limit our fouls
3. Balanced scoring attack. We dont need one hero and box score full of players with 0 to 6 points

Seven

91Bird said:

Yep, a top-10 conference is a shitty conference. Pure intelligence right there.

ricohill

Pleasantly surprised that we went inside for 3 layups to start the game. Now we’re settling for threes again, which keep falling... Fools gold?

ricohill

Horne is on fire. He will look great in a Wake Forest uniform next year. Just a guess

Top Bottom