ISU among leaders in players transferring

LoudMello

Interesting article, thanks for sharing. I see that Northern Iowa is among the NCAA leaders in keeping their players.

Birds78

Interesting! Check out our winning % and SRS compared to the others on this list.

MPE773

isuquinndog said:
Some interesting stats here

https://twitter.com/boettger_eli/status/891005883542405120

:clap: Our Win% and SRS are outstanding. Not sure why attrition matters so much when we keep getting better.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
MPE773 said:
isuquinndog said:
Some interesting stats here

https://twitter.com/boettger_eli/status/891005883542405120

:clap: Our Win% and SRS are outstanding. Not sure why attrition matters so much when we keep getting better.
I would say because it's harder to keep a winning % that high with high attrition, as evidence that we are an outlier, not the norm on that list.

SgtHulka

Would be nice to be on graphic in the linked article of lowest attrition coupled with an even higher SRS, without the early season scramble to put it all together, and the accompanying stubbed toes

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Some would argue an early season stubbed toe cost ISU an at large spot last season....................

Redbird222

isuquinndog said:
Some would argue an early season stubbed toe cost ISU an at large spot last season....................

Yes but injuries played a bigger role than attrition last year. That said you have a point that attrition will generally contribute to a slower start then compared to a team that is equally as talented but with minimal turnover.

I think we need to strike the proper balance. Continued success will help retain and attract better players.

MPE773

isuquinndog said:

And I would argue that without attrition we wouldn't have had guys like Phil Fayne to help with the 17-1 MVC record that got us onto the bubble. Goes both ways is all I'm saying. You can't Be ultra critical of our attrition rate but happy we have Phil Fayne over Nick Banyard. Keep Bruninga and Copeland in mind this year too.

SgtHulka

MPE773 said:
isuquinndog said:

And I would argue that without attrition we wouldn't have had guys like Phil Fayne to help with the 17-1 MVC record that got us onto the bubble. Goes both ways is all I'm saying. You can't Be ultra critical of our attrition rate but happy we have Phil Fayne over Nick Banyard. Keep Bruninga and Copeland in mind this year too.
Conversely you can't be heaping ultra praise of his recruiting skills if we are at the bottom of the spectrum in terms of having players come and stick. To even make the list of most lost per year says something doesn't it? I refuse to believe it's meaningless.

All players are eventually lost to the world of attrition. The argument from our angle is, we get it wrong too much. We have 6-7 new faces each year. Sure, we will lose some guys early, that's the way it works to some extent. Don't take it as a challenge to see how far you can turn over a roster each year. Do we have to take chances here and there? Yes. Will he miss on occasion? Yes. Do we miss too much? Yes. I don't like being the 5th Dentist. Be the coach chewing Trident like the consistent leaders of the MM coaching world.

Retire 12

ISU among MVC leaders in final standings.

Keep this up, and it's the only headline I truly care about in the short term.

ChiRedbirdfan

Retire 12 said:
ISU among MVC leaders in final standings.

Keep this up, and it's the only headline I truly care about in the short term.

ncaa tournament or bust

Top Bottom