IPF loses $3 million donation

Hamdonger

I sat with Dee and Sheila at the Horton luncheon. Thank goodness they're in the game, I'll tell you that. They are incredibly generous and down-to-earth people. They're not just interested in the ISU community, but B-N as well. Little side note...Sheila was a high school 100M state champion in Illinois and she chose not to run in college. How many people do that?!

I don't believe ISU is to blame for any of this.

Reggie Redbird

Some key questions:
1.) How many major pledges are we doubtful about coming in?
2. How much money are we short, cash in hand vs what someone has just said they will give!

Last edited:

cubird

Hopefully, the CEFCU contract and the high school state football playoffs will soften the lost donation. Wonder if there are any naming rights in the works for Hancock Stadium?

Reggie1857

I don't believe ISU is to blame for any of this.
It's an unfortunate turn of events, but you can't blame anyone at Illinois State for it, all you can do is put your nose back to the grindstone, raise that money and get on to the next project. They'll never dig out of the facilities hole their predecessors put them in by wallowing in self pity.

Reggie Redbird

Hopefully, the CEFCU contract and the high school state football playoffs will soften the lost donation. Wonder if there are any naming rights in the works for Hancock Stadium?
From a timeline perspective, it would be interesting to see the timing on the naming rights deal being announced and the Rossi story coming out that would make it very likely the donation was not going to come.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
It's an unfortunate turn of events, but you can't blame anyone at Illinois State for it, all you can do is put your nose back to the grindstone, raise that money and get on to the next project. They'll never dig out of the facilities hole their predecessors put them in by wallowing in self pity.
Yeah I agree you can't blame ISU for this at all. Still stings.

ISUBU

Anybody been by the construction site recently? How does it look? I imagine that this type of construction doesn't have much visual interest until near the end

TBS_20

Anybody been by the construction site recently? How does it look? I imagine that this type of construction doesn't have much visual interest until near the end
This type of construction won't ever look good. It's a blow up baggie

Cheesehead

Have to finish this. Dakota schools all having productive practices instead of trying to stay warm at 6:00 am. D3 schools practicing in bubbles. Hopefully soon.

CB2K

If anyone has been to P-town and seen the Louisville Slugger Sports Complex near Grand Prairie then you have seen a close facsimile of what the IPF will look like. The Slugger Dome is 125,000 square feet of space according to their website. It’s actually not that bad looking in all its massive glory and regalia of plain white. I am not sure of the logistic difficulty or cost but I hope that ISU can put some kind of Redbird logo on it to tone down the preponderance of the plain white motif. I drive by it quite often and I have grown accustomed to the uniqueness of the massive dome amongst the cornfields.

SgtHulka

Buffalomeat Stadium 🤷

Birddog

I drove by Wednesday. Some concrete walls and a lot of dirt. Not much to look at. It was a sunny day and strikingly empty of workers and equipment. A pickup truck was onsite but I saw no people. I left thinking that the project is on hold until something is settled. But that was just my impression, it could be that it is between major phases and waiting for subcontractors to free up.

Birddog

I drove by Wednesday. Some concrete walls and a lot of dirt. Not much to look at. It was a sunny day and strikingly empty of workers and equipment. A pickup truck was onsite but I saw no people. I left thinking that the project is on hold until something is settled. But that was just my impression, it could be that it is between major phases and waiting for subcontractors to free up.
had to swing by campus today so thought I would take another look. Gates to the site were open so stuff is happening. There was an excavator operating on the north end and and worker nearby.

Attachments

• DB46499F-070A-44D4-885B-C2E50ACD69B5.jpeg
    DB46499F-070A-44D4-885B-C2E50ACD69B5.jpeg
    619.2 KB · Views: 26
  • C9F65AC3-0776-47E2-9813-33DEC3209FD3.jpeg
    C9F65AC3-0776-47E2-9813-33DEC3209FD3.jpeg
    597.1 KB · Views: 26

CaliRdBrd

Naming rights seems like the immediate fix here. Step it up State Farm…..

Top Bottom