Indiana State

Total Red

Staff member
Off to Terre Haute this weekend. The Redbirds will be looking to continue their prowess on defense while searching for a more robust offense. We scored a measly 10 points against the Sycs last year and that wasn't enough. The 12 points we scored against SD probably won't be enough either. We've had injuries on the OL at WR and RB but nobody cares. Next Redbird Up.
Home field matters in this series. INSU is usually tougher at home which makes last season's loss at Hancock even tougher to swallow. Indiana St. and Western were two teams we definitely should not have lost to last season. We need immediate payback. I feel good about the Western game. I wish I felt better about this one. I think 21 pts or more from our offense will do it. That isn't too much to ask is it?

fourthandshort

I also think this is a game in the 20's. Though I stil maintain, USD may have been better defense than we realize. So I think we could open things up on offense to play more like we did against UNI than we did USD.

They've got a good RB, not so sure they have an established QB or anything else of significant concern. But they just hang around as a team .. may be combo of special teams and just plain luck .. I don't know.

I'll go with 27-21 win for our Redbirds. But it is hard to shake this Sycamore team if their last 3 games are any indication.

Virginia Redbird

The Sycamores put up a lot of points last week but I have no doubt the Redbird defense will be a much stiffer opponent for them. I would be surprised if this game turned into a scoring fest. I seem to recall that the Birds don't play well at Indiana State. They need to get off on a good foot offensively and give their defense some support. I think this will be a close game but I think the Birds win by a small margin, less than a TD. The Sycamores are 1-5 but in the last three weeks (UNI, NDSU, & YSU) they seem to hang in there and keep it close.

DaveBird10

Looking forward to this game on Saturday and seeing how our defense stacks up vs the Trees offense. Indiana State goes with a freshman qb and a receiver #8 whos very talented. They also have a transfer at running back from San Diego State and hes had 70 yard rushing touchdown the last couple weeks, I am interested in seeing how our defense stacks up vs Indiana State offense.

On offense it sounds like Bussone will back with him and or Mueller playing right guard. Sounds like they like Rios at left guard a bit and Zambrano is in concussion protocol this week so freshman Gudaitis will get the start at left tackle. Hopefully as guys get back and healthy we can start to establish some rhythm on offense. Hard to keep running game going like last week when Wenkers isnt 100% and you are constantly shifting 0-line personnel around who haven't played together.

Total Red

Staff member
Games in Terre Haute have often been hard fought defensive struggles but Indiana St. has ratcheted up their offense in their last two games. They've scored 78 pts and averaged 7.55 yards per play, and they did it against North Dakota St., and Youngstown St. - no slouches.
I said we needed 21 points to win this, but I may have aimed too low. It might take 30 to win. Coach Spack will have to let the team know that it's ok to win with offense.

Virginia Redbird

Games in Terre Haute have often been hard fought defensive struggles but Indiana St. has ratcheted up their offense in their last two games. They've scored 78 pts and averaged 7.55 yards per play, and they did it against North Dakota St., and Youngstown St. - no slouches.
I said we needed 21 points to win this, but I may have aimed too low. It might take 30 to win. Coach Spack will have to let the team know that it's ok to win with offense.
Well, I guess if the defense scores they can technically win the game themselves. So sayeth Spack!

win meme.jpg

Top Bottom