In The Nest Podcast

DougSutton

Just noticed this podcast and didn't see it posted anywhere yet. New "Voice of the Redbirds" John Fitzgerald has a podcast called In The Nest (I like the name). This will be a weekly podcast and the first episode is with Ryan Pedon.

Bird Friend

Quinn started a thread in the ISU General Talk forum since the podcast is for all ISU sports.

DougSutton

Quinn started a thread in the ISU General Talk forum since the podcast is for all ISU sports.

Who ever goes to that forum? :). I am curious Quinn, do you have Google analytics installed on the site to see how many visits each forum gets, the length of time per visitor, etc.? And/or does the forum provide analytics on user engagement? These would be interesting to look at.

TIMMY

That's DBird singing Go You Redbirds! at the beginning of the podcast. I'm pretty sure of it.😵‍💫

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Who ever goes to that forum? :). I am curious Quinn, do you have Google analytics installed on the site to see how many visits each forum gets, the length of time per visitor, etc.? And/or does the forum provide analytics on user engagement? These would be interesting to look at.
I do. And if you are looking to buy ad space I'll share. :)

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
But I put it there to keep it organized. Yes, any one with eyes knows this forum gets more attention than over there. I could have posted it both places, but I didn't. I should have.

Anyway, I listened. It was good, not a ton of new stuff that we haven't heard before I don't think. He went into more of his history of coaching and kind of how he got each job and breaks he got as a young assistant.

He also talked about having a staff that mimicked the type of player he wants. So if he wants high energy out going players, he needs to have a staff that is also high energy and out going. And of course he thinks we can get 10k people in Redbird and every one should come back and see all the great stuff happening, coach speak at the end.

Denali2x

Interview with Doug Collins is a must listen.

What a wonderful interview. It was such a joy to watch him playat ISU and follow the rest of his career. I can't make the Horton game, but wishI could be there to say thanks again for all of the joy and pride he brought.

[/QUOTE]

Adunk33

Staff member
Doug seems to be really actively involved, especially since the Pedon hire. Not saying he wasn't with Muller, but I don't remember this much pub around it. Collins mentioned part of the naming rights money is going to be going towards updating the locker room. It feels like they just did that, but pretty cool that they're hoping take it to the next level.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Doug seems to be really actively involved, especially since the Pedon hire. Not saying he wasn't with Muller, but I don't remember this much pub around it. Collins mentioned part of the naming rights money is going to be going towards updating the locker room. It feels like they just did that, but pretty cool that they're hoping take it to the next level.
That's what I thought about the locker rooms. Like we don't have other things that need updating? Wonder if this includes the women's locker rooms?

Adunk33

Staff member
I wrote this while I was listening and just had a chance to finish. Doug is REALLY on board with Pedon.

Birgs

Good Lord. I know we named the court after him and we already have the him & Will bronze. The man's interview is amazing! That new engineering spot should not be Rivian named, but Collins Core or Doug Degree Destination.

Denali2x

Just an outstanding interview .... I was stunned to hear 71 and a cane ... It has been a while. Doug was just an amazingly exciting and skilled player to watch at ISU (the Oral Roberts game with he and Richie Fuqua lighting things up) and in the Olympics and just as skilled in his other careers in the nba and as an announcer. In my opinion there is nothing ISU could do in his honor that would be beyond what he deserves.

Top Bottom