I wish the MVFC did this.

dpdoughbird06

That's called forward thinking. Austin Peay, Abilene Christian, Central Arkansas, etc. are moving to FBS. Yet, here we sit.
If the top half of the Valley wanted to break off and go FBS I wouldn’t hate it, although trading a legit playoff system for the pursuit of a shitty bowl game seems like a downgrade.

Is low-level FBS all that sexy?

redbirds2000

If the top half of the Valley wanted to break off and go FBS I wouldn’t hate it, although trading a legit playoff system for the pursuit of a shitty bowl game seems like a downgrade.

You have to start somewhere. Low level should be a stepping stone. It shouldn't be the end game. Austin Peay, Central Arkansas are going to be FBS. Maybe AP will host us for a buy game? How embarrassing is that??

redbirds2000

Who is the top half?

TBS_20

Anyone who has the resources/facilities and desire to move up.
I looked up those schools stadiums. They will have to have major renovations coming stat to get up to FBS standards. I don't know of it's the Texas oil that's funding this or what but some of those schools are poor

Birddog

The move to FBS by these teams is by no means a certainty. It will likely be blocked by existing FBS conferences. They have no interest in sharing CFP revenue with more conferences. This is especially true of the current G5.

topiarydan

I;d be a lot more psyched to see Birds play Miami of Ohio than Western Illinois or South Dakota - there is a perceived little brother syndrome in FCS than playing FBS

cubird

Wish the former player sitting behind the bench could play..Murdoch?

cubird

Playing down hill got them back in the game. 11 Panther TOs was generous!

Reggie1857

I think that may be a year old ... FWIW ... for general numbers, though, would be sufficient
Sorry about that, clicked on the wrong file. The 1-AA championship game took a step back this year.

Attachments

• postseasoncfbratings-1.jpg
    postseasoncfbratings-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Reggie1857

I;d be a lot more psyched to see Birds play Miami of Ohio than Western Illinois or South Dakota - there is a perceived little brother syndrome in FCS than playing FBS
Most people would say the same if they were answering honestly. It's not that I necessarily want Illinois State to be playing in the MAC, it's that I want to see them strive for more, to put a plan in place to compete against their peer institutions. The days of sitting idly by while the world of college athletics race past them need to end.

MadBird

I've been meaning to post some info from this article from a week or so ago, about UW Badgers attendance, I'm pretty sure it's behind a paywall, but you may be able to access it. Basically, they've also got some attendance issues, relatively speaking. The article doesn't have a game by game breakout.

Gist of it is the difference between "tickets sold - announced attendance - butts in seats" for the Badgers this year. Average no-shows were 15K+. Average "scanner count" - butts in seats - was 56K+, down 2% from 2021. "Announced attendance" was 74K+, up 1% from 2021. Stadium capacity is 75,822.

It's a jungle out there, for lots of reasons (good discussion going on over on the basketball board about ISU hoops attendance).

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
If you allow the 40 thousand ads its free.

Also...ouch:
Weather can be to blame for at least one of the games but the quality of opponents on the schedule was slammed by some who sell tickets on the secondary market. UW faced Illinois State, Washington State and New Mexico State in nonconference play. Its Big Ten home games were against Illinois, Purdue, Maryland and Minnesota.

Top Bottom