Guard Recruiting

SgtHulka

I'm hearing we have our eyes on several top guards. Expect big news soon.

Bird Friend

Staff member
SgtHulka said:
I'm hearing we have our eyes on several top guards. Expect big news soon.

Well which is it? Guards or bigs?

Redbirdwarrior

With Idowu, Dixon, Fayne and David all here next year, I LOVE that we have shifted recruiting focus to guards. It is entirely possible that Idowu is 6'10'' 250 lbs by the time he suits up for us next season to go along with Dixon's 6'9'', David's 7'0'', Fayne's 6'9'', Romine's 6'9'', Bruninga's 6'8'', Chastain's 6'6'', Tinsley's 6'6'', MY's 6'6''.

I mean, we have to expect some fall off and transfers, but look at the height and length for that roster. I'd love to get a few Paris Lee-esque speed guys that are maybe about 6 foot tall to round our the back court.

Slightly on topic- I'm REALLY high on Chastain and think he is going to be a BIG big deal as a redbird. If he and Copeland can play even close to ability, we have got ourselves a real good problem to have.

Adunk33

It only makes sense to get a guard for next year. I think how quickly Dixon signed surprised DM and the shift to heavily recruiting guards happened much more quickly than originally expected. Dixon committed very quickly after Penny joined the staff.

Knowing Hulka's post history, I hope this isn't another one of those joke threads. So I can only assume this "big news" will come on a Tuesday.

johnaaa10

Adunk33 said:
It only makes sense to get a guard for next year. I think how quickly Dixon signed surprised DM and the shift to heavily recruiting guards happened much more quickly than originally expected. Dixon committed very quickly after Penny joined the staff.

Knowing Hulka's post history, I hope this isn't another one of those joke threads. So I can only assume this "big news" will come on a Tuesday.

I read his post at least 5 times searching for a pun...I had no luck. Hopefully it’s legit.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's probably a joke, out of the Drake thread where someone mentioned that there was no recruiting threads about a guard since summer or something.

So he came and made one.

SgtHulka

Will just say that a little birdy was in earshot of HCDM chatting up with the Curie coach at Pontiac a few days ago.

Tuesday is likely premature BTW

jbird

If Hulka was in Pontiac, are we sure that it was the H.S. Holiday tournament or could he have been meeting his probation officer at the prison?

ChiRedbirdfan

Proceed with cautious optimism when dealing with Curie High athletes due to likely academic issues. School is so poor academically and athletic program isn't exactly know for producing well rounded student athletes.

DBird

Excuse my not knowing recruits but who would we be speculating about!

ChiRedbirdfan

DBird said:
Excuse my not knowing recruits but who would we be speculating about!
I know little about the situation but was wondering if it was Marquise Walker who transferred from St Joe's to Curie? Curie could also have a couple of other players that are potential D1 material. Walker had a lot of hype in 8th grade and frosh year but has not grown a lot height wise and I hear high majors are starting to shy away.

Humdinger

jbird said:
If Hulka was in Pontiac, are we sure that it was the H.S. Holiday tournament or could he have been meeting his probation officer at the prison?

That's a pretty good rebuttal right there. :banana-gotpics:

Top Bottom