Great Season

Redbird82

Another successful regular season for the ladies! Too bad Valpo couldn't hold their late lead against Drake, so the Birds will be the #3 seed in the Valley tourney. They should be an NCAA or NIT team this year, even with the NIT reduced to 32 teams this year. Hoping for a successful weekend in St Charles!

JHBird

3rd seed is much better than the 4th seed. Now we can meet Drake in the semi's instead of MSU.

fdbird83

Another successful regular season for the ladies! Too bad Valpo couldn't hold their late lead against Drake, so the Birds will be the #3 seed in the Valley tourney. They should be an NCAA or NIT team this year, even with the NIT reduced to 32 teams this year. Hoping for a successful weekend in St Charles!
I thought the women have played in Moline the last few years?

MadBird

I think they may be looking for a "higher profile", but I see tonight Wisconsin canned their head women's coach and that makes me worry that Coach G will be a candidate. It may not quite be her time, she hasn't won a championship yet or anything, but . . . . . nice to have to worry that your coach is a potential candidate for a "big" job.

Cindy00

I think they may be looking for a "higher profile", but I see tonight Wisconsin canned their head women's coach and that makes me worry that Coach G will be a candidate. It may not quite be her time, she hasn't won a championship yet or anything, but . . . . . nice to have to worry that your coach is a potential candidate for a "big" job.
I hope you are right and that Wisconsin is looking for a "higher profile." I don't know how long we can hold on to Coach G but I do hope she sticks around for awhile.

MadBird

I'll tack this on this thread.

Chloe Van Zeeland, Coach G's 2021 recruit from Kaukauna, Wisconsin, was named first team Division 2 (second largest) all-state by the coaches, and High Honorable Mention on the Associated Press team, which combines all classes.

Top Bottom