Future Schedule

Adunk33

Staff member
Remember when the Birds were going to play in the Cayman Islands? Well, it's looking like 2022 will be the year.

The eight-team Cayman Islands Classic will resume play Nov. 21-23 2022 with six teams already under contract to participate: LSU, Kansas State, Illinois State, Nevada, Tulane and Western Kentucky.

SgtHulka

Quarantine Tell GIF by Zach Brandon

gobirds85

Well, this is good news. In 2018, GA spanked us all over the court, but we recovered to beat Akron and, I believe, Boise St. We were at the airport while the third game was being played.

Cayman is one of the most beautiful locales in the world. Seven Mile Beach is fantastic and the restaurants are first rate. Word of caution...it is really, really, really expensive but two of the three best things to do on the island are free, hanging on the beach and snorkeling.

Pretty stacked field, though. Let's see who fills the last two spots.

Rollbirds5

My thoughts on ISU and this impressive field...
If you can’t spot the sucker at the table then you’re the sucker.
Or we could look at it as getting a chance to knock off a power 5 team in the non-con depending on how this schedule plays out, and maybe another solid mid-major game or two. Should be a solid tournament for us to compete in.

topiarydan

Really hoping we can get a non-conference game with DePaul. They stink so do we - but it would be a good regional game that would be nice to see.
I would also like to see Kyle get us a Utah game

TBS_20

Or we could look at it as getting a chance to knock off a power 5 team in the non-con depending on how this schedule plays out, and maybe another solid mid-major game or two. Should be a solid tournament for us to compete in.
what p5 team?

TBS_20

LSU, KState, and there are two open slots where another could join
I was typing something then realized this is the 2022 version and cancun is 2021. I thought we decided on cancun over cayman.

Top Bottom