Evans update?

Redbirdwarrior

I noticed he was taped and iced,but standing and walking in the second half yesterday. We have any update on his condition as of yet? As our only consistent deep threat, this is going to be chiefly important if we are going to make a run at this thing.

Bird Friend

Staff member
Redbirdwarrior said:
I noticed he was taped and iced,but standing and walking in the second half yesterday. We have any update on his condition as of yet? As our only consistent deep threat, this is going to be chiefly important if we are going to make a run at this thing.

Dan said they'd probably do an MRI on Monday . . . so I'm guessing we won't know anything until after that.

BirdsEyeView

Yes, saw the team doctors on Saturday night and they said they'll be doing an MRI today for him.

Let's hope for a bone contusion only.

JHBird

He was on crutches yesterday at the women's game. I'm hoping that was just precautionary..

JHBird

Trey_Guidry4three said:
JHBird said:
He was on crutches yesterday at the women's game. I'm hoping that was just precautionary..

Rumor is that he is out until mvc tourney

I believe it. If he's out then they will have to start Bruniga at one of the forwards. We will need his three point shooting with Evans being out.

Rollbirds5

JHBird said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:
JHBird said:

I believe it. If he's out then they will have to start Bruniga at one of the forwards. We will need his three point shooting with Evans being out.

Don't like the idea of Bruninga guarding a 3 on the other team though, Muller will go defense over offense. We all know who he will start in Evans place and it's not the kid that most of us want out there...

Redbirdalum_15

Rollbirds5 said:
JHBird said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:

Don't like the idea of Bruninga guarding a 3 on the other team though, Muller will go defense over offense. We all know who he will start in Evans place and it's not the kid that most of us want out there...

Yeah I read somewhere he’s out for a while. What a huge blow.

Adunk33

Rollbirds5 said:
JHBird said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:

Easy, we play zone with TB in there. That is a LONG 2-3 with Fayne/Bruninga at the wings and David in the middle. May be a blessing because our man defense is terrible. Regardless, Taylor doesn't start though in Keyshawn's absence. Matt Hein probably will. Maybe Elijah, but most likely Hein.

MRI was this morning and they are awaiting the results.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I'll wait until someone says something other than "I heard" on Evans.

https://twitter.com/Pg_Benson/status/960562830998163457

DoubleDeuce

Wait...they knew Evans would be out until Arch Madness even before the MRI results? I assume that would be a best case scenario even with a favorable test result.

Redbirdwarrior

You gotta look at the remaining schedule until St. Louis. It isn't to say we can't win without Key. That isn't fair.

SIU will be a toss up
@ Valpo I think should be an easy W even without Key
@ Bradley is a toss up
VS UNI - I'm going ISU wins big
VS Drake - ISU by 6
@ Loyola- I think Loyola probably beats us up pretty good to end the season.

So what does this mean?

In my best case scenario- ISU ends the season 12-6
In my worst case, ISU ends the season 10-8

I'd guess we end up right in the middle there, but even at 10-8, ISU is in the top 4 and will get to miss Thursday. Staying out of Thursday is key.

So I'm all for Bruninga or Clarence getting very extended minutes here. I've been impressed by TB and I am seeing flashes of Clarence in recent games. Trust your players to play. I'm sure coach has a plan here. I'm betting that plan leans HEAVILY on going in to Fayne, MY and David.

Redbirdalum_15

Redbirdwarrior said:
You gotta look at the remaining schedule until St. Louis. It isn't to say we can't win without Key. That isn't fair.

SIU will be a toss up
@ Valpo I think should be an easy W even without Key
@ Bradley is a toss up
VS UNI - I'm going ISU wins big
VS Drake - ISU by 6
@ Loyola- I think Loyola probably beats us up pretty good to end the season.

So what does this mean?

In my best case scenario- ISU ends the season 12-6
In my worst case, ISU ends the season 10-8

I'd guess we end up right in the middle there, but even at 10-8, ISU is in the top 4 and will get to miss Thursday. Staying out of Thursday is key.

So I'm all for Bruninga or Clarence getting very extended minutes here. I've been impressed by TB and I am seeing flashes of Clarence in recent games. Trust your players to play. I'm sure coach has a plan here. I'm betting that plan leans HEAVILY on going in to Fayne, MY and David.

Sounds reasonable. Pretty detailed. I’ll take these predictions.

JHBird

I saw Drake beat Bradley after the ISU game. I worry more about beating them at home more than Bradley in Peoria. I'm not sure if we win either without KE, unless Elijah can really step it up. But I'll be excited to see him get a lot more minutes now. I think he needs to take it to the hole and dunk one...get his confidence going.

ricohill

https://twitter.com/Pg_Benson/status/960644817570140162

Not good, but could have been much worse.

Birdswin

I would agree that No Structural Damage is good - however, it is obviously still very sore and probably a little swelling. Will take some time - do not hurry it back. The prize is at Arch Madness. The team has to "gut" it out for a couple of weeks.

Redbird Alum 2004

Hopefully Evans gets healthy soon. In the meantime this is a great chance for Elijah to get going before arch madness. He played his best game against Southern so maybe he can use this as a spring board to finish strong.

Top Bottom