Offered/Committed Elsewhere Elijah Strong - 6’8”, F, Charlotte, NC

B

BirdGrad2011

Guess we aren’t done with high school kids in this class. He got out of his NLI to Wofford. UIC is interested as well. St Bonaventure, Duquesne, Samford, George Mason, and now ISU has offered in the last week.

B

BirdGrad2011

Did some research and appears he asked out of his NLI after Wofford’s coach, Jay McAuley, resigned in December.

DougSutton

I know highlight films can be deceiving but if you watch this video, for his size and age, the kid has size, speed, explosiveness and a nice touch on his shot. Plus, he love to aggressively dunk in transition. All good attributes.

Dmills

I know highlight films can be deceiving but if you watch this video, for his size and age, the kid has size, speed, explosiveness and a nice touch on his shot. Plus, he love to aggressively dunk in transition. All good attributes.

Good footwork and body control

B

BirdGrad2011

Seems like he’s got some decent range. Could be a solid 3 level scorer.

B

BirdGrad2011

One article mentions not really getting involved much in the recruiting process until his season is over then he plans to take visits. Would not be shocked if they set one up as early as possible.

DougSutton

I'm not sure what I'm missing. This kid has a big body, great footwork, runs the floor really well and has a soft touch on his shot. I know highlight tapes can be deceiving but I'm surprised there aren't a bunch of Power 5 conference schools after him that are closer to his home. He doesn't exactly fit in the "bread basket" that coach Pedon talks about but from what I can see here, I'd love to have him and Chase Walker come in and play together for 4 years (I know that's really unrealistic with the transfer portal but still)

Bird Friend

I'm not sure what I'm missing. This kid has a big body, great footwork, runs the floor really well and has a soft touch on his shot. I know highlight tapes can be deceiving but I'm surprised there aren't a bunch of Power 5 conference schools after him that are closer to his home. He doesn't exactly fit in the "bread basket" that coach Pedon talks about but from what I can see here, I'd love to have him and Chase Walker come in and play together for 4 years (I know that's really unrealistic with the transfer portal but still)
I’m with you on this. I keep looking for what’s missing with him.

Redbird Alum 2004

Can't shoot free throws? Maybe no mid range game? I don't know but his tapes look a lot better than some other bigs I have seen that made their way to ISU.

Metamoron

Could be that he is stuck in the “new normal” for players who are late bloomers. Didn’t commit before season, blew up, then gets stuck where the big schools don’t know who they can get off the portal, so they hold back on offering. On the other hand, he wants to go bigger, but maybe isn’t sure who will offer until after portal shakes out.

SgtHulka

Could be that he is stuck in the “new normal” for players who are late bloomers. Didn’t commit before season, blew up, then gets stuck where the big schools don’t know who they can get off the portal, so they hold back on offering. On the other hand, he wants to go bigger, but maybe isn’t sure who will offer until after portal shakes out.
Word
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Top Bottom