@Eastern Michigan 11/12 5:00 PM

Matt Hein Fan

I think this one is going to tell us a lot about where we're at right now. Have to clean up the sloppiness from opening night and I think we have enough to see out a W.

Eastern Michigan is coming off a 68-62 loss @ Indiana, so this appears to be a capable team. If I had to guess it opens as close to a pick'em, maybe Eastern Michigan -2.

Shaking the road woes that we have experienced under Dan's entire tenure will be key.

Phantom

Good early test to see how these guys respond on the road against a scrappy team coming off a close loss. If we can play both halves like the 2nd against UNCW, we'll have a shot.

First time @EMU since 2007 I think? That game still stings, as it destroyed our chances of an at-large that year. The Indy St losses later on were the final nails in the coffin but that EMU game was a crushing blow.

Adunk33

Staff member
I think this one is going to tell us a lot about where we're at right now. Have to clean up the sloppiness from opening night and I think we have enough to see out a W.

Eastern Michigan is coming off a 68-62 loss @ Indiana, so this appears to be a capable team. If I had to guess it opens as close to a pick'em, maybe Eastern Michigan -2.

Shaking the road woes that we have experienced under Dan's entire tenure will be key.
I think EMU opens somewhere in the -8 range. Books have to look at the Birds road woes and they'll also look favorably upon a single digit loss on the road to a P5 versus a single digit win to a lower MM at home.

DoubleDeuce

EMU appears to me more of a traditional lineup with more size in the lane making tougher to score at the rim. Would be a great game for McChesney to have a breakout shooting game and Strong to do some damage from the outside. We should get a good feel for what the Birds have down low.

Adunk33

Staff member
Current line has ISU -1
Absolutely absurd. I obviously, love the Birds and will root for them to win every game but the gamblers should be hammering the other side. Get EMU at + $ on the $ line….it’s a good value.

I hope the Birds prove Vegas right but if I wasn’t a Birds fan……

Redbird Alum 2004

Absolutely absurd. I obviously, love the Birds and will root for them to win every game but the gamblers should be hammering the other side. Get EMU at + $ on the $ line….it’s a good value.

That's what I was thinking. The only reason would be Vegas not believing in the Eastern Michigan game vs Indiana. Is it 5pm yet?

ILLST25

I want to see us keep up this defensive effort. We have a chance to be damn good on the defensive end with Chatman, Lewis, Ndiaye, and McChesney. They all move so well for their size and can block shots left and right. Plus we’ve got reserves in Schmitt, Andrews, and Kotov if we end up in foul trouble. We can really bother teams in the paint.

Even Reeves was in the action on blocking shots given that he has grown a bit and is very athletic.

I also want to see us get more turnovers and turn them into more fast break situations.

On top of all that, our free throw shooting should be much, much better than in years past. I don’t think we have anyone who is a huge liability from the line. Chatman and Lewis have some nice looking strokes from the line. Freeman and Reeves are automatic.

Chambotwenty5

If your projected spread being off by 8 points didn’t show what you know about gambling, then thinking a team who is +1 on spread would be + money on the money line should do the trick. Hopefully you complete the trifecta and ISU wins by 20.

Adunk33

Staff member
If your projected spread being off by 8 points didn’t show what you know about gambling, then thinking a team who is +1 on spread would be + money on the money line should do the trick. Hopefully you complete the trifecta and ISU wins by 20.
Let's ride

Bird Friend

McChesney may not be the most talented player, but I love his energy so far. He seems to give it all all the time.

Redbird222

Chatman paying well but when he gets tired he stands out by the 3 point line vs operating low

Top Bottom