E-Tickets

PurpleRedbird

Has any season ticket holders received notification yet that their e-tickets are available to download?

Redbird222

I called this morning and e tickets have not been sent as if yet. They should be sending an email with the link by Wednesday. They are few days behind due to an unplanned illness

The parking passes are being mailed.

PurpleRedbird

Good to hear. Guess I also didn't realize Sunday's exhibition was free.

Birdswin

I do not understand the "e-tickets" - I asked for them to be printed like last year. I was told there is a charge of $5 per ticket!! That would be $480 - unbelievable.

Yes, they send them in an email to my computer - they tell me to download them to my phone? When I ask how would someone transfer that from my computer to my phone - I get no help. Then I ask, even if I were to somehow accomplish this - how do I get them to the other people??? Once again - I get, a I don't know. If the ticket office wants to do this - then they should be helpful. Of course, I would have to try and explain this to my wife - who does not even understand how to change the TV from DirecTV to NetFlix. Let alone getting tickets to my son and his finance who live South of Bloomington. What is so wrong with sending out the tickets in a packet with our names on them, like they used to do????? Why make it so damn difficult???

ChiRedbirdfan

I do not understand the "e-tickets" - I asked for them to be printed like last year. I was told there is a charge of $5 per ticket!! That would be $480 - unbelievable.

Yes, they send them in an email to my computer - they tell me to download them to my phone? When I ask how would someone transfer that from my computer to my phone - I get no help. Then I ask, even if I were to somehow accomplish this - how do I get them to the other people??? Once again - I get, a I don't know. If the ticket office wants to do this - then they should be helpful. Of course, I would have to try and explain this to my wife - who does not even understand how to change the TV from DirecTV to NetFlix. Let alone getting tickets to my son and his finance who live South of Bloomington. What is so wrong with sending out the tickets in a packet with our names on them, like they used to do????? Why make it so damn difficult???
i suggest you embrace the technology...once you get it figured out i believe you will realize how much more work paper tickets are vs e-tickets. it will be much easier and faster distributing tickets to others such as your son. good luck!

Bird Friend

Staff member
I called this morning and e tickets have not been sent as if yet. They should be sending an email with the link by Wednesday. They are few days behind due to an unplanned illness

The parking passes are being mailed.
I always planned my illnesses.

RedbirdSoxFan

I would check the email on my phone. Take a screenshot of the ticket and send in text message. Probably an easier way, but I have limited skills!

TBS_20

jesus christ. your phone is the internet. if its sent to your email just open the email on the phone and download. This guy has be 75 or else i really worry. my mind is absolutely blown and not in a good way. im literally sitting here thinking to myself did i just read that in 2022

MadBird

Well, I want those people off my lawn too, Birdswin!! I hate the whole e-ticket "experience", but I'm afraid it is the way this thing is going. Read a big article in the Minneapolis paper this summer about all the high schools in the Twin Cities area that have gone to on-line e-ticketing, cash only at the games (ie. credit/debit only at the concession stands, etc.). At Wisconsin, the basketball season tickets come via text message, but you HAVE to print them out, they don't have mobile phone readers at the games (unlike football, where they can do both).

For football, I found a pretty helpful FAQ on the ISU department website, probably under the "Ticket" tab, that gives pretty good instructions for all the issues you raised. For Homecoming, I opened up the link in my wife's i-pad and printed the tickets, no problem. On your ticket account, you should be able to find the instructions for transferring tickets to other users, via text message. You just plug the phone number in and hit transfer.

Good luck, and there are a few of us "practical" luddites who can't understand why e-tickets are thought to be so damn great.

MadBird

jesus christ. your phone is the internet. if its sent to your email just open the email on the phone and download. This guy has be 75 or else i really worry. my mind is absolutely blown and not in a good way. im literally sitting here thinking to myself did i just read that in 2022
Your mind may be blown, but some people prefer not to pay through the nose for a device and data. Change is hard. Some of us don't wanna. No big deal.

SgtHulka

Lots of older folks just have flip phones. I was talking to a friend the other day who's dad has had season tickets for 43 years. He has no device capable of utilizing the service. He called and talked to a girl at ticket office for help. She ended up telling him she couldn't help him and hung up. He canceled his tickets and got them for ill annoy instead. Not great customer service here. They could offer printed tickets (not old style stubs,just like print from home) for free or a SMALL fee to season ticket holders.

Either that or maybe we just get rid of all the old people blowing away the young people somehow???
Soylent Green Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

dpdoughbird06

Your mind may be blown, but some people prefer not to pay through the nose for a device and data. Change is hard. Some of us don't wanna. No big deal.
My late grandmother always said, “If somebody wants to reach me, they can write me a letter!”

(She worked at a bank without ever touching email well into her 80s. Birdswin might give her a run for her money.)

I personally prefer printed tickets, too, though. I also still subscribe to the printed newspaper and print out a daily newsletter to which I subscribe. I’ve never printed out Redbirdfan, though - the ads would drain my ink cartridge.

Too bad all this new ad revenue was not parlayed into Sgt. Hulka Chipotle Third Stall From The Left in TPguy North By Northwest Restroom at isuquinndog Arena.

dpdoughbird06

Lots of older folks just have flip phones. I was talking to a friend the other day who's dad has had season tickets for 43 years. He has no device capable of utilizing the service. He called and talked to a girl at ticket office for help. She ended up telling him she couldn't help him and hung up. He canceled his tickets and got them for ill annoy instead. Not great customer service here. They could offer printed tickets (not old style stubs,just like print from home) for free or a SMALL fee to season ticket holders.

Either that or maybe we just get rid of all the old people blowing away the young people somehow???
Soylent Green Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time
I don’t understand why they got rid of the print from home option. I always preferred it because someone could forward me tickets without me having to reset my Redbird login every time.

Redbird222

I am all for the electronic tickets; however, I am not sure why they wouldn't offer a print from home option. What do they do when someone buys tickets at the game ... is there only electronic?

stats

how do I get them to the other people???
If I invite neighbors or co-workers etc to a game, it is much easier for me to give them the tickets in advance and just meet them at the game. I'm with you. At worse, it would be nice to be able to print a paper ticket.......and I'm not even 75 yet.

normalbird

We received our parking passes and Legends Room tickets via snail mail today. But neither Men’s nor Women’s tickets have been made available online yet.

Birdswin

Thanks for several suggestions. I plan to go into the ticket office folks my next day off, when I am in town.

RedbirdSoxFan

Thanks for several suggestions. I plan to go into the ticket office folks my next day off, when I am in town.
You can just forward the email containing the tickets and parking pass to me. I will meet you at Jake’s Pizza before the game and give you the printed copy!

Top Bottom