ILLST25 said:
Bird Friend said:
JUCO

Dusan Mahorcic, 6-10/230, Moberly Area CC
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/dusan-mahorcic

https://twitter.com/dmahorcic/status/1247583121152905218?s=21

I’d be very happy with this.

Sanantoniobird

I like him a lot. However, I hope he plays better defense than literally ANYONE in that video.

Baltimore Bird

Very mobile. Right hand, left hand, I really like what I saw. He reminded me of Robbins formerly of Drake.

ILLST25

https://twitter.com/verbalcommits/status/1247953872531918848?s=21

His recruitment seems to be picking up fast.

JHBird

I like him even more now that other schools seem to like him even more now. I guess Dan should get credit for being there early.

MadBird

JHBird said:
I like him even more now that other schools seem to like him even more now. I guess Dan should get credit for being there early.

He played against ISU two years ago in the Lewis exhibition game. Not that he was impressive, according to the box score.

ILLST25

MadBird said:
JHBird said:

He played against ISU two years ago in the Lewis exhibition game. Not that he was impressive, according to the box score.

Anthony D’Avanzo did as well. He’s a grad transfer out of Lewis that Belcher is following but we don’t seem to be on his list of schools.

ILLST25

https://scoopmantv.com/2020/04/08/mahorcic-one-of-the-best-available-big-remaining/

Looks like he’s got quite the relationship with USC and his cousin played there for four years. At least we can satisfy his criteria of finding a place to start or play 25 min per game.

Michigan Red

Sounds like he wants to be at USC. Hope the staff has a back up plan , or two, in case he doesn’t commit.

TBS_20

After Mahoric, Burke of MSU is the only decent one left. They need to score one of these two and it looks like Mahoric is USC bound and I highly doubt they get Burke SOOOOO....were screwed for next season unless the Russian surprises everyone.

BTbird

He seems close to the USC coaches but why wouldn't he have committed by now. They offered in early March. they also just had a highly rated F/C commit to their program late last week that will have to sit one so could be an issue for playing time in Dusan's senior year.

Adunk33

Staff member
BTbird said:
He seems close to the USC coaches but why wouldn't he have committed by now. They offered in early March. they also just had a highly rated F/C commit to their program late last week that will have to sit one so could be an issue for playing time in Dusan's senior year.

I'm thinking playing time is why he hasn't committed there. He mentioned in the article he wants to be a starter or play 25 min. Maybe that guaranteed time is a pretty big deal to him and he's taking it seriously. Its the age-old argument. Big fish small pond vs small fish big pond.

ILLST25

He especially becomes an important recruit if we end up getting a sit-out transfer. He wants to be a team captain and either a starter or a 25+ min guy. I think we’ve got a decent shot if those are his most important criteria for a landing spot.

redbird Recon

TBS_20 said:
After Mahoric, Burke of MSU is the only decent one left. They need to score one of these two and it looks like Mahoric is USC bound and I highly doubt they get Burke SOOOOO....were screwed for next season unless the Russian surprises everyone.
Only decent what?

Top Bottom