Doug Collins article in ISU alumni magazine

TBS_20

I'm sick of the constant Doug Collins stuff. It's sad. We cling onto this every season because we have a bad history over the past 23 years.

TBS_20

Actually it’s a very good story about the best player to ever put on an ISU uniform. It’s about more than basketball too.
50 years ago... when is it time to stop living in the past.

Denali2x

Actually it’s a very good story about the best player to ever put on an ISU uniform. It’s about more than basketball too.
Agree .... those were tremendously exciting times at ISU and it is important not to forget them ... and he has gone on to accomplish so much in so many different ways ,,,

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sick of the constant Doug Collins stuff. It's sad. We cling onto this every season because we have a bad history over the past 23 years.
If you are serious about making sure we don't forget about the best player in our history, former first draft pick, the person at the center of the 1980 Olympics controversy, former Bulls coach, NBA announcer and Basketball HOF member then you are a troll.

I'm sure Indiana St has just moved on from Larry Bird or Michigan St from Magic Johnson. Give me a break. Go cheer for the Illini and all their legends who have the credentials above.

SgtHulka

so

clinging to history = bad?

then why do you cling to the last 23 years of history?

GIF by Achievement Hunter

MadBird

If you are serious about making sure we don't forget about the best player in our history, former first draft pick, the person at the center of the 1980 Olympics controversy, former Bulls coach, NBA announcer and Basketball HOF member then you are a troll.

I'm sure Indiana St has just moved on from Larry Bird or Michigan St from Magic Johnson. Give me a break. Go cheer for the Illini and all their legends who have the credentials above.
Time flies - 1972, I think you meant. ;)

stats

I enjoyed the read, especially when he talks about Jordan. Collins has always been a class act.

Top Bottom