DeJong is Back in a Big Way

Birdswin

What a Great weekend series vs the Yankees for Paul DeJong!!!! On Friday night - an eighth inning double that scores the tying and go ahead runs. On Sunday afternoon - a double and HR with 4 RBIs - the HR coming in the eighth inning, a three-run Bomb off of the Big Mac Land sign - which turned out to be the winning runs!!!

Cardinals SWEEP the Yankees - have now won 7-in a row and are 2 games in front of Milwaukee for First Place in the Central.

Good Job DeJong!!! Now just stay as far away from Jeff Albert as possible and do not listen to that idiot.

topiarydan

had another home last nite in loss to Rockies - has increased batting average over 30 pts since return - up to .161 and shooting for .200

Dmills

had another home last nite in loss to Rockies - has increased batting average over 30 pts since return - up to .161 and shooting for .200
Up to .191. Had 4 hits tonight! Can't believe he was hitting so badly to begin the season. He was batting .115 at the time and now he is batting .333 since rejoining the big league club.

Dmills

DeJong has returned from injury again and is batting .290 with 6 home runs in 20 games played

Adunk33

Staff member
DeJong has returned from injury again and is batting .290 with 6 home runs in 20 games played
He had a nice series against the Brewers and other former Redbird, Owen Miller. I believe Miller hit a double in all 3 games, if not, definitely 2.

Redbird222

He had a nice series against the Brewers and other former Redbird, Owen Miller. I believe Miller hit a double in all 3 games, if not, definitely 2.
Owen Miller is hitting .344 in 31 games for the Brewers. Brewers moved Brian Anderson back to the outfield due to injuries about a month ago and Miller went from utiliy to a starting infielder most games. He runs the bases well, is a decent fielder, and has been a pleasant surprise for them. Urias is due off the injured reserve shortly and it will be interesting how that impacts his playing time. Uriahls has more power but Miller is a.much more consistent player and the Brewers need players that get on base.

Adunk33

Staff member
As the Cardinals continue to be sellers ahead of today's deadline, Paul is on the move. He's headed to Toronto. It's been fun watching a Redbird have success with my favorite ball club, but I think it was time for a fresh start.

Interesting enough, the Cardinals and Blue Jays have completed 3 separate trades in the last 10 days sending Cabrera, Hicks and DeJong all in separate deals.

Adunk33

Staff member
I'm guessing he gives it one more go next season off the bench somewhere. If that doesn't pan out, maybe he decides to hang it up and put that molecular biology-biochemistry degree to use. He's made 27mil. Pretty good career.

Reggie Redbird

We would not have our indoor hitting facility without him. I think buried under the Brennan troubles were some roof issues, so hopefully, that got worked out.

With his defense, he’ll get at least another shot or two. He would just have to decide about playing for the MLB veteran minimum, which still is an amazing deal because it would boost his pension. He could also consider an NPB roster spot in Japan because they look for those AAAA players that excel in AAA but can’t quite perform up to MLB expectations.

Bird Friend

Somebody will sign him to a minor league deal with an invite to training camp, at the very least. If only for the defense he provides.

Reggie Redbird

Somebody will sign him to a minor league deal with an invite to training camp, at the very least. If only for the defense he provides.
He could have been a good flyer pick-up for the Southsiders if they had traded away Tim Anderson. If he can hit .230+, they could use him in the infield somewhere.

Top Bottom