December 21, 3:00 PM at Texas-San Antonio (+3.5/148.5) on CUSA.TV

ISU86

Redbirds (5-6) at Roadrunners (4-7)

Last chance at a road "W" prior to conference play.

ISU 72
UTSA 71

chuckie1980

Roadrunners are fast...but Redbirds fly faster. Game ending 3 point ally oop helps ends the second half at 69-69. In OT...Birds score 20....89-69 win for the REDBIRDS.

DoubleDeuce

chuckie1980 said:
Roadrunners are fast...but Redbirds fly faster. Game ending 3 point ally oop helps ends the second half at 69-69. In OT...Birds score 20....89-69 win for the REDBIRDS.

Sounds right.

Redbird222

I see the game in on Conference USA TV. Anyone figure out how to watch this game?

Redbird Alum 2004

Redbird222 said:
I see the game in on Conference USA TV. Anyone figure out how to watch this game?

6.95 for a 24 hour pass. http://conferenceusa.com/watch/default.aspx?Live=9949&path=utsa

Redbird222

I thought this was interesting from the game notes... both from a defensive strategy for the game today and what happens when Boyd is in the game.

This season when he is on the floor, junior guard Jhivvan Jackson takes 42.8 percent of his team's shots, far and away the highest total in the NCAA. Dedric Boyd leads the Redbirds in percentage of shots taken at 33.3 percent, second-highest in the MVC.

Rk. Pct. Player. Opponent

1. 42.8 Jhivvan Jackson. UTSA

2. 41.6 Jermaine Marrow. Hampton

3. 41.1 Isaiah Miller. UNC Greensboro

4. 40.0 Myles Powell Seton Hall

5. 40.0 Antoine Davis Detroit

6. 39.5 Tristan Jarrett Jackson State

7. 39.5 Markus Howard Marquette

8. 39.4 Anthony Lamb Vermont

9. 37.6. Markedric Bell Ark.-Pine Bluff

10. 37.6. Jomaru Brown. Eastern Kentucky

36. 33.3. Dedric Boyd Illinois State

DaveNussbaumer

First time poster, long time reader. Lots of great inside info in the forum, especially appreciate the recruiting page....kudos! Redbird fan since 79 (my first favorite player is my username) and class of 92 grad. I have 0 confidence in this road game. Our defense, as discussed in the prior thread, is weak. Two big scorers to stop when we can’t stop one.

Isu 62
Utsa 75
But hope I am way wrong.

Redbird222

I am actually fairly optimistics about this one ... of course I thought we would beat Grand Canyon so take that statement with a grain of salt.

Birds 72
UTSA 66

I look for Keith and Reeves to build upon the games they each had against UIC.

BTW ... I am watching MSU bears looking ugly against Oral Roberts. With the exception of UNI, the league seems to be very inconsistent.

Go Birds!!

Bird Friend

Staff member
Did the game announcers just say that ISU is 2nd in the nation in making teams take time off the clock before shooting?? Really?

DaveNussbaumer

Pregame talk with coach there were comments about isu 3 fg defense being good but 2 point fg defense 55%. Could be directly related to the aggressive close out approach isu employs. Easy for opposing teams to shot fake or drive for easy buckets. Does result in a good 3pt defense % I guess.

Adunk33

For those who bought the 1-day pass, it seems they are pumping their radio feed into the video. Be prepared for overly descriptive play-by-play and legal IDs at the top of the hour.

Bird Friend

Staff member
DaveNussbaumer said:
Pregame talk with coach there were comments about isu 3 fg defense being good but 2 point fg defense 55%. Could be directly related to the aggressive close out approach isu employs. Easy for opposing teams to shot fake or drive for easy buckets. Does result in a good 3pt defense % I guess.

Well, UTSA is 4-6 inside the arc so far . . . and one of their misses they got their own rebound and bucket. No inside presence on either end of the floor.

jboyd13

Bird Friend said:
Did the game announcers just say that ISU is 2nd in the nation in making teams take time off the clock before shooting?? Really?

It was in the game notes put out by the team today...

"This season Illinois State has forced opposing offenses to use an average of 19.1 seconds per possession, the second-longest possession length in the country"

Bird Friend

Staff member
jboyd13 said:
Bird Friend said:

It was in the game notes put out by the team today...

"This season Illinois State has forced opposing offenses to use an average of 19.1 seconds per possession, the second-longest possession length in the country"

Thanks. Appreciate the heads up.

Misleading stat, if they still score more often than not.

WoodlandWarrior

Following the game as usual on Statcast. And as usual, a flurry of turnovers by our older and more experienced players. The product on the floor so far in the noncon is not worth the price of admission. I’m taking the grandkids to see Eureka College play.

Adunk33

Seems Chas is not available today after hurting his ankle in the last game. Either that, or he’s been relegated to the 11th man.

These announcers are ultimate homers. I know they are UTSA guys but man. Complaining about every call/no call. Extremely unprofessional. Guys like this make me so thankful to have Dick and Matty on the airwaves.

Redbird222

Wow Jackson from UTSA is legit. Our defense against him has been fine. He has 20 points.

Top Bottom