December 18, 6:00 PM vs Illinois-Chicago (-5.5/138.5) on ESPN3

ISU86

Flames (4-7) at Redbirds (4-6)
* ISU 71, UIC 67

Phantom

Right now we stink worse than Dr. Tom Davis supposedly was at Drake practices following his trips to Fernando's Mexican Grill in Des Moines.

But if we can't beat these guys...at home...2900 people will be very disappointed.

MarchArchPod

Phantom said:
Right now we stink worse than Dr. Tom Davis supposedly was at Drake practices following his trips to Fernando's Mexican Grill in Des Moines.

But if we can't beat these guys...at home...2900 people will be very disappointed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MarchArchPod

I have talked to WAY too many people the last couple days thinking the Birds will blow out UIC....not sure that a lot of these fans have paid attention to the last handful of games with UIC.

Illinois State 60
Illinois-Chicago 58

Game could easily go either way, right now, ISU isn't playing well enough. UIC isn't that good, but I watched them play Bradley, and hung with them, and even led by 8 at half. Need to play well tonight to win.

Adunk33

Staff member
I'd really like to see a blow out but this 4 game series has been close. It's been nice to play up in Chicago for those Chicagoland Redbirds over the past 4 years, but I won't mind this series going away. That said, I could see it being renewed for a couple more years. I'd just rather take buys at winnable NW and Depaul, though they will likely never play us again since both last games at their place we got the W.

ricohill

If we lose this game, I am walking out to my car, getting the packing boxes I bring (just in case Muller resigns), and taking them to his office to help him clean it out. UIC IS 303 in NET and 227 in Kenpom. This has to be a win.

goredbirds4

ricohill said:
If we lose this game, I am walking out to me car, getting the packing boxes I bring (just in case Muller resigns), and taking them to his office to help him clean it out. UIC IS 303 in NET and 227 in Kenpom. This has to be a win.

We are 202 in Kenpom... should be a good game

ricohill

goredbirds4 said:
ricohill said:
If we lose this game, I am walking out to me car, getting the packing boxes I bring (just in case Muller resigns), and taking them to his office to help him clean it out. UIC IS 303 in NET and 227 in Kenpom. This has to be a win.

We are 202 in Kenpom... should be a good game

That is just sad and pathetic.

Manchester Matt

They just got their best player, Marcus Ottey, back last game. Hope he’s still limited and rusty!

B

BirdGrad2011

I’ll watch but I’m quickly reaching the point of apathy for the program. Thought I’d have more patience. Lack of effort last game really just kicked it into overdrive I guess.

CaliRdBrd

isuquinndog said:
ISU opened -5 but now is -5.5.

O/U is 138.5

In a desperate attempt to buy out Muller, Lyons has put every penny of the fundraising money on ISU?

ricohill

CaliRdBrd said:
isuquinndog said:
ISU opened -5 but now is -5.5.

O/U is 138.5

In a desperate attempt to buy out Muller, Lyons has put every penny of the fundraising money on ISU?

Lyons is anti-gambling (http://www.wjbc.com/2019/09/04/lyons-illinois-has-put-student-athletes-in-bad-spot/). Except when it comes to a multi-million dollar extension with athletic department money to a coach with no proven national success.

V Boy

ISU is so slow and unathletic gonna be tough for them to beat any teams with quicker guards. Last year was REALLY bad along these lines against UIC. Will it be better this year? Not sure. Doesn’t seem like it.

ChiRedbirdfan

Given some of the uic roster turmoil, injury and transfer related, this should be a double digit home victory.

ricohill

This should be a blowout. UIC is terrible playing a road game on break. With Muller in charge you never know.

Rico is in the loge box tonight. Classy folding chairs they got in here.

Top Bottom