Committed Elsewhere Danny Stephens, 6-7/185, SF, Bowen, IL

MadBird

Okay all you small school/town fans, this guy is from one little ol' town in "Forgotonia" - western Illinois. Never heard of this town before!

Adunk33

A good player. Same AAiU team (MidPro Academy) as Brock Harding and Ethan Kizer.
I know pipelines aren't really a thing anymore since most players play for the name on the back vs the front, but this would be a VERY good one to establish. If Harding keeps balling out, look at Iowa as a potential landing spot for him.

WoodlandWarrior

I also suggest keeping any eye on Pekin’s Matt Juergens and Illini Bluffs’ Hank Alvey (both Class of 2024).

WoodlandWarrior

Missouri? That choice is hard to understand. He would have seen lots of playing time elsewhere. Pekin’s Justin Taphorn went the PWO route at Wisconsin and never sees the court.

Birdswin

This is my home area. I grew up with his grandparents - very good athletic blood lines. His Great Uncle, from my HS class - went to Mizzou. Danny is from a large farming family, from the Camp Point area - adjoining school district. For the old guys on here - that is area from where Rick and Paul Reuschel are from - former MLB pitchers.

Redbird78

Missouri? That choice is hard to understand. He would have seen lots of playing time elsewhere. Pekin’s Justin Taphorn went the PWO route at Wisconsin and never sees the court.
They don't call that area Forgottonia for nothing. Local media is provided by Quincy, IL and Hannibal, Mo, tv, newspapers and radio. The media focus tends to be on Iowa's Hawkeyes, the Illini, MoTigers, Stl baseball and soccer, Cubs, Western Illinois, and maybe the Royals. ISU likely only gets attention when the Birds beat up on the Leathernecks. When the school you grew up hearing about every day comes calling....

Qcity

His GF, Abbey Schreake from Quincy Notre Dame, is going to Mizzou on a basketball scholarship, therefore he is going there as a PWO

She was offered by ISU also

Adunk33

His GF, Abbey Schreake from Quincy Notre Dame, is going to Mizzou on a basketball scholarship, therefore he is going there as a PWO

She was offered by ISU also
It how the works.

Got Pence because his GF is playing SB at ISU. Lost Stephens cuz his GF is going elsewhere. It's poetic, really.

Birdswin

Stephens has scored over 40 points every game so far - this is with the other team focused on trying to stop him. He is only a walk-on at this point to Mizzou He is from a significant farming family in the area. ISU has an AG school - a scholarship can be very convincing. The kid can shoot.

Adunk33

Stephens has scored over 40 points every game so far - this is with the other team focused on trying to stop him. He is only a walk-on at this point to Mizzou He is from a significant farming family in the area. ISU has an AG school - a scholarship can be very convincing. The kid can shoot.
I wonder if he and Pence playing similar positions played a role in his recruitment? Maybe if Ty didn't commit, there would be a harder press on Danny? He seems pretty committed to Mizzou, so I'd say a flip is unlikely.

jbird

Okay all you small school/town fans, this guy is from one little ol' town in "Forgotonia" - western Illinois. Never heard of this town before!
Mad,

I know your post was from several months ago, but now that I'm out of the hospital stay that began on October 6 I can be more active on the board.

I happen to have a co-worker who grew up in Bowen and whose parents still live there. Just letting you know that Bowen's population includes at least a couple more than Danny Stephens' family.😁😁

Top Bottom