D1 Transfers of Interest

Adunk33

Staff member
Just a thread to keep track of some players on the move Muller might be interested in.

Xavier Bishop, UMKC, 5'8- Sit one, play one.
Listed as a PG but seems to be more of a combo. He is originally from Springfield and Muller recruited him out of high school. He averaged 15.4 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 3.8 assists this past season. Bishop shot 42.7% from the field and 35% from three.
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/xavier-bishop
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/xavier-bishop-1.html

Luwane Pipkis, UMASS, 5'11 Grad Transfer.
Listed as a SG but scored 16 ppg, 4.9 rebounds, and had 5.2 assists this season. He shot just 34% from the floor and 28% from the 3 point line, while putting in 80% from the foul line. This is another guy Muller recruited out of high school.
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/luwane-pipkins
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/luwane-pipkins-1.html

Noah Baumann, San Jose State, 6'5, Sit one, play 2. Shooter.
Ike Gassman wing type. Last season, he scored 10.8 points per game in 27 minutes while shooting 45% from three. He is included on this list for two reasons. First, we could use a shooter after Cope and Jefferson are gone (if they stay with the team). Second, we seem to have a pipeline now with SJSU. A few days ago Keith Fisher had exchanges with him on social media.
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/noah-baumann
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/noah-baumann-1.html

Post them as you see them.

Bird Friend

Kevin Easley Jr., 6-6/232, Chattanooga, sit 1, play 3 (3+ star out of high school)

14.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 44.4% FG, 39.7% 3FG, 65.1% FT . . . 28.1 mpg (gonna guess he’s looking HM)

Bird Friend

Did some checking on Bishop's numbers at UMKC . . .
  • Last year's numbers: 15.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 3.8 apg, 2.8 TO/game (1.34 A/TO ratio), 42.7 % FG, 35.3 3FG, 79.7% FT

• Career shooting: 40.4% FG, 33.6% 3FG, 76.6% FT

• Career A/TO ratio: 1.40

Seems to me that we would be getting a cross between good Evans from 17/18 and not good Evans from 18/19.

Hamdonger

Bird Friend said:
  • Last year's numbers: 15.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 3.8 apg, 2.8 TO/game (1.34 A/TO ratio), 42.7 % FG, 35.3 3FG, 79.7% FT

Seems to me that we would be getting a cross between good Evans from 17/18 and not good Evans from 18/19.

He's a great character kid with some nice numbers. What I wonder about is - will he play the kind of defense Dan wants and is reiterating for this coming year? Plus, he's 5'8" and Zach&JJ are basically the same player as Bishop.

I would guess he's not a candidate but if he'll help us I'm all for it.

Bird Friend

Humdinger said:
Bird Friend said:

He's a great character kid with some nice numbers. What I wonder about is - will he play the kind of defense Dan wants and is reiterating for this coming year? Plus, he's 5'8" and Zach&JJ are basically the same player as Bishop.

I would guess he's not a candidate but if he'll help us I'm all for it.

Agree on this, but just wonder if he will help us enough to matter . . . I don't think he'd hurt us, but wonder if he'll add enough value to make the difference.

Bird Friend

Pat Andree, 6-8/225, stretch 4, grad transfer from Lehigh

12.9 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 45.2% FG, 41.9% 3FG, 73.1% FT, 29.1 min/game

Fits the mold of Bruninga, but bigger body. Stretch 4, good shooter, can board.

bombay

Bird Friend said:

I'd take a 15 point scorer who can handle the ball and has good experience in a heartbeat.

ISU86

Charlie Moore, Kansas - 5'11"
Listed as a point guard. Originally from Chicago (Morgan Park). Spent one year at California, transferred to Kansas (sitting one year and playing one). Betters statistics with Golden Bears than Jayhawks. Wants to play "closer to home" due to father's health (does that equate to strictly in/near Chicago or further out-state).

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/charlie-moore
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/charlie-moore-1.html
https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Source-KU-basketballs-Charlie-Moore-to-transfer-130700152/

ISU86

bombay said:
Bird Friend said:

I'd take a 15 point scorer who can handle the ball and has good experience in a heartbeat.

Bishop was bright spot on Kangaroo roster. Watched UMKC as they hosted/throttled by New Mexico State. Tried very hard to do more with less (Aggies were good and Chris Jans has kept the Aggies rolling (would make for a good home/home non-conference series).

jwa123

ISU86 said:
bombay said:
Bird Friend said:

Bishop was bright spot on Kangaroo roster. Watched UMKC as they hosted/throttled by New Mexico State. Tried very hard to do more with less (Aggies were good and Chris Jans has kept the Aggies rolling (would make for a good home/home non-conference series).

There is bad blood with Jans. He wouldn’t sign a deal with ISU and Muller would not sign one with him.

DannyCooksey

jwa123 said:
ISU86 said:
bombay said:

There is bad blood with Jans. He wouldn’t sign a deal with ISU and Muller would not sign one with him.

Plus it wouldn't make much sense for either side since New Mexico State would wipe the floor with our ass no matter where we played them.

Bird Friend

DannyCooksey said:
jwa123 said:
ISU86 said:

Plus it wouldn't make much sense for either side since New Mexico State would wipe the floor with our ass no matter where we played them.

What does Jans have to do with D1 transfers?

RedbirdSoxFan

DannyCooksey said:
jwa123 said:
ISU86 said:

Maybe you could wait and see what the Redbirds look like in November before you make that assumption.

cubird

Champaign Centennial product leaving Grand Canyon State after playing his freshman year with his brother Jeff. Jeff finished his career as a graduate transfer from the Illini.

bombay

I thought his name was Mike. Can't remember the younger brother who is transferring's name, but he was highly ranked as a high schooler at one time, but fell off after his Junior season.

DWRedbird

bombay said:
I thought his name was Mike. Can't remember the younger brother who is transferring's name, but he was highly ranked as a high schooler at one time, but fell off after his Junior season.

Tim is the younger brother leaving GCU and Mike was the older brother who transferred in to GCU from U of I. Tim would be an interesting pick up. 6'6 wing who was solid in HS, but had a rough go of it his fresh year.

bombay

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/prep-sports/2019-04-02/finke-transferring-looking-better-fit.html

I'd rather have Bishop.

Adunk33

Staff member
The 6-foot-6 guard averaged 3.5 points and 2.9 rebounds while playing 15.8 minutes per game and shooting 37 percent from the field and three-point range and 56 percent at the free throw line.

Top Bottom