Current Offers

Source

Muller is taking initiative to try and stop the program from having so many defects to be "closer to home." It appears Muller is taking a page from Jacobsen's book and trying to get Illinois kids to stay home. 11 of the 19 offers are to Illinois kids.

This is the list of our current offers to Illinois players;
Kendle Moore- Danville, IL
Cardell McGee- Springfield, IL
TJ Smith- Matteson, IL
Robert Harvery- Country Club Hills, IL
Zion Griffin- Darien, IL

Lance Jones- Evanston, IL
Chris Payton- Bloomington, IL
Evan Taylor- Glen Ellyn, IL
Terrence Hargrove Jr- East STL, IL
EJ Liddell- Belleville, IL

D.J. Steward- Oak Park, IL (Note... 4* recruit with 3 offers so far, DePaul and UAB the other two.)

TIMMY

I've been touting this for years. We're not Duke. Yet. Getting, developing and keeping in state kids will help stabilize the program. 4/5 year seniors win at our level. Yes you gotta shoot for the moon once in a while. But there's a lot of talent within a 3 hour drive of B/N

Bird Friend

Staff member
TIMMY said:
I've been touting this for years. We're not Duke. Yet. Getting, developing and keeping in state kids will help stabilize the program. 4/5 year seniors win at our level. Yes you gotta shoot for the moon once in a while. But there's a lot of talent within a 3 hour drive of B/N
Careful, cuz there's a sense on here that 5-year players are really just 3-year players waiting to transfer. ;)

ISU FAN 1

Hurry and offer this guy ... https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/five-star-center-mitchell-robinson-granted-release-to-transfer-from-western-kentucky/

ISU FAN 1

TIMMY said:

We just had a record breaking season, with PLee as the only core member from Illinois. Had we not shot for the moon on MM, Hawk, Fayne, etc., where would that have left us. By the same token, MM and Hawk bailed early. Not sure what the right answer is, but talent trumps proximity in my book. I would encourage Dan to keep traveling the globe, if that's what it takes to put the best basketball team on the floor. Recruiting in Illinois is tricky state. The best prospects in the state seldom stay in state, so the college teams in Illinois are already competing for 2nd tier talent within the state.

V Boy

You guys are both right. Muller is doing everything you suggest. All of it. He is solving these problems.

bombay

ISU FAN 1 said:
Hurry and offer this guy ... https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/five-star-center-mitchell-robinson-granted-release-to-transfer-from-western-kentucky/

When assistant Shammond Williams left WKU last month, Robinson was gone.

cubird

Started my college career at WKU home of Jim McDaniels who had epic battles with Artist Gilmore. They said that Jim took a pay cut when he went to the NBA. Wonder how the hell they got Robinson with their top recruting class. Apparently, the boys must be driving a lot of Corvettes in Bowling Green :think:

Top Bottom