CHASTAIN AND BRUNINGA END PLAYING CAREERS

Loyl2u

https://goredbirds.com/news/2020/3/28/chastain-and-bruninga-to-end-playing-careers.aspx

Nothing but respect and thanks to both of these young gentlemen.

Thanks for your efforts and good luck in your future endeavors.

CB2K

Looks like this thread was posted first but I didn't see it. Maybe they can be merged especially since you provided the link. Thanks.

gobirds85

Respect for all three of these guys...Rey, Chas and Bazinga.

Hoping nothing but the best for these guys. Thank you, gentlemen.

jamminjamarsmiley

Trey hinted this on the Rey thread so I guess not a surprise. I’m sure both these guys will be very successful in their lives. Hope they find peace in life after basketball.

Wonder what guys dan is going to find now to fill the scholarships. I assume grad transfers or jucos. Not too optimistic

redbirds2000

jamminjamarsmiley said:
Trey hinted this on the Rey thread so I guess not a surprise. I’m sure both these guys will be very successful in their lives. Hope they find peace in life after basketball.

Wonder what guys dan is going to find now to fill the scholarships. I assume grad transfers or jucos. Not too optimistic
jamminjamarsmiley said:

I'm sure top notch guys are chomping at the bit to come and end this drought for this historic program!

DaveBird10

jamminjamarsmiley said:

Yeah Trey hinted at it. It took a rocket scientist to figure out. C'mon the writing was on the wall that these guys wouldn't be back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DaveBird10

Best of luck to Taylor and Matt. When they committed I was thrilled bc local kids were playing for the Birds. With injuries the writing was on wall. Wish they could've of fi finished their playing careers but this is what's best for a productive life after school is finished.

Trey_Guidry4three

DaveBird10 said:
Best of luck to Taylor and Matt. When they committed I was thrilled bc local kids were playing for the Birds. With injuries the writing was on wall. Wish they could've of fi finished their playing careers but this is what's best for a productive life after school is finished.

Like there always is, there will be some writing on the wall many redbird fans cannot and refuse to read. More to come

ricohill

Trey_Guidry4three said:
DaveBird10 said:

Like there always is, there will be some writing on the wall many redbird fans cannot and refuse to read. More to come

Heard there will be one more if the NCAA allows transfers without sitting out. Waiting on that decision to decide.

Another year, another whole new team.

DaveBird10

ricohill said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:
DaveBird10 said:

Heard there will be one more if the NCAA allows transfers without sitting out. Waiting on that decision to decide.

Another year, another whole new team.
That might be the case but you still only have 1 guy leaving as of now that's transfering. Matt and Taylor cant play regardless how you feel its better for them to step aside and hang up the sneakers then taking up scholarships.

jamminjamarsmiley

DaveBird10 said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:

Yeah Trey hinted at it. It took a rocket scientist to figure out. C'mon the writing was on the wall that these guys wouldn't be back.

Let’s be respectful of these young men and their decisions. I don’t think it’s fair to them to turn this into some pissing match when they just decided to make such a difficult call on their playing careers.

Trey did mention it yesterday and it happened so I apologize for upsetting you sir.

DaveBird10

jamminjamarsmiley said:
DaveBird10 said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:

Let’s be respectful of these young men and their decisions. I don’t think it’s fair to them to turn this into some pissing match when they just decided to make such a difficult call on their playing careers.

Trey did mention it yesterday and it happened so I apologize for upsetting you sir.
Didn't upset me, just saying Trey had some top notch info. Must be getting info from Kurt Pegler or someone.

Again as I said previously best of luck to Matt and Taylor.

TBS_20

DaveBird10 said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:
DaveBird10 said:

Didn't upset me, just saying Trey had some top notch info. Must be getting info from Kurt Pegler or someone.

Again as I said previously best of luck to Matt and Taylor.

I can't tell which one of you pissed furthest. Might have to go another round.

ricohill

Feel bad for those guys. Just wonder if they would have stayed healthy if not over worked in practice.

Bird Friend

Best of luck to Matt and Taylor. Thanks for repping Redbird Nation with class!

Hamdonger

Taylor go play at Duffy Bass!! Taylor won us/was the difference maker a couple of games during his freshman campaign with lights out shooting. For a true freshman coming from 1A Illini Bluffs...that is an incredible feat.

MC. Don't know what to say other than THANK YOU. To both. Shaking my head. Completely healthy - 2 productive starters right there. Oh well. Back on the train.

Top Bottom