CBI (2019): power 5 re-appearance

ISU86

West Virginia (Big XII) in field, as well as DePaul (Big East) and South Florida (American Athletic). Maybe CBI is getting a second wind (or Gazelle Group waived/reduced the $50,000 "pay to play" fee for them).

With only six (maximum) healthy players on the current roster that could return next year, not a lot of extra play benefit. However, if the roster warranted it, would this field contain enough cache/competition to warrant entering?

NOTE: Alabama-Birmingham (non-conference opponent next season) also participating, as well as Southern Mississipp and Central Michigan.

redbirds2000

ISU86 said:
West Virginia (Big XII) in field, as well as DePaul (Big East) and South Florida (American Athletic). Maybe CBI is getting a second wind (or Gazelle Group waived/reduced the $50,000 "pay to play" fee for them).

With only six (maximum) healthy players on the current roster that could return next year, not a lot of extra play benefit. However, if the roster warranted it, would this field contain enough cache/competition to warrant entering?

NOTE: Alabama-Birmingham (non-conference opponent next season) also participating, as well as Southern Mississipp and Central Michigan.

I think any Division 1 opponents would warrant enough competition for this program. We are delusional if we think we are above any tournament at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cubird

Would any of our fans really come out and see this team play in the CBI? Rather use resources to recruit and make next years team better!

DoubleDeuce

cubird said:
Would any of our fans really come out and see this team play in the CBI? Rather use resources to recruit and make next years team better!

I'd come watch....I like to watch basketball.

Adunk33

Staff member
I think Muller, the players, and most fans are okay with closing the book on this season. Good for the CBI to get some p6's back in. It was cool having Texas A&M at Redbird a few years ago. I also think if Muller had intentions of playing more games, he wouldn't have let all the players go home for spring break and would've been practicing.

ChiRedbirdfan

Adunk33 said:
I think Muller, the players, and most fans are okay with closing the book on this season. Good for the CBI to get some p6's back in. It was cool having Texas A&M at Redbird a few years ago. I also think if Muller had intentions of playing more games, he wouldn't have let all the players go home for spring break and would've been practicing.

Not the ISU team to play post season .... season and teaching moments final grade an F

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
The team really gets no advantage in playing in this and if we had a game at RA there would be like 2500 people.

Top Bottom