Offered/Committed Elsewhere Brock Harding, 6-0/155, PG, Moline, IL

Adunk33

Staff member
I believe Harding, Pence and Kizer are all on the same AAU team. It'd be cool if they all wanted to stay together.

Adunk33

Staff member
Of the three, I'd be most excited about Harding but I certainly wouldn't mad if all three wanted to stay together. There is something to be said about a young core that has chemistry from the moment they step on campus.

Manchester Matt

Cheer up Quinn. If you bring in guys that are friends and successful it’s harder to leave. Also, let’s celebrate guys like Liam and Kendall instead of being mad people transferring that committed to Muller.
Agreed. Let's give this staff a chance to create a chemistry and culture here that wants players to stick around. They are off to a very good start by targeting the talent in Illinois, IMO.

SgtHulka

Like it matters? The portal makes core and chemistry not a thing.
Core, no. Chemistry ya still gotta have that. Maintaining that will be a problem. Teams are gonna rise and fall based on guys coming and going having chemistry,

Redbird222

Core, no. Chemistry ya still gotta have that. Maintaining that will be a problem. Teams are gonna rise and fall based on guys coming and going having chemistry,
Recently Drake, Loyola, and UNI have had the least roster turnover and were even able to talk players into staying and playing the 5th year at their respective schools. I believe there is a strong correlation between this and the success they have had recently. BTW, it feeds both ways. Strong results helps maintain players and maintaining key players increases the likelihood of winning.

I don't believe that you will be able to eliminate roster turnover. However, the coaching staffs that can mitigate the turnover and keep key pieces are probably going to have the most sustained success. Finding the right players with the right mindset and chemistry will be key .... chemistry between the players and the coaching staff. The coaching staff and athletic department are going to have to create a high level of engagement to overcome other barriers/deficiencies such as NIL.

My top priorities for Pedon and staff are recruiting and roster retention. I think a lot of coaches can develop players over 4 years. I think a lot of coaches run the same offenses. We need a staff that can out recruit their counterparts in the MVC, engage with their team, and motivate them.

SgtHulka

Recently Drake, Loyola, and UNI have had the least roster turnover and were even able to talk players into staying and playing the 5th year at their respective schools. I believe there is a strong correlation between this and the success they have had recently. BTW, it feeds both ways. Strong results helps maintain players and maintaining key players increases the likelihood of winning.

I don't believe that you will be able to eliminate roster turnover. However, the coaching staffs that can mitigate the turnover and keep key pieces are probably going to have the most sustained success. Finding the right players with the right mindset and chemistry will be key .... chemistry between the players and the coaching staff. The coaching staff and athletic department are going to have to create a high level of engagement to overcome other barriers/deficiencies such as NIL.

My top priorities for Pedon and staff are recruiting and roster retention. I think a lot of coaches can develop players over 4 years. I think a lot of coaches run the same offenses. We need a staff that can out recruit their counterparts in the MVC, engage with their team, and motivate them.
Agree

I've just become numb to roster churn. We were doing it before it was fashionable. Hoping he can put us in the realm of UNI in avoiding the heavy churn.

DBird

Agree

I've just become numb to roster churn. We were doing it before it was fashionable. Hoping he can put us in the realm of UNI in avoiding the heavy churn.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see that, UNI stability, change a bit with all that has been talked about here with NIL and all.

SgtHulka

I wouldn’t be surprised to see that, UNI stability, change a bit with all that has been talked about here with NIL and all.
We have two of the largest insurance companies calling this town home, along with Rivian and a host of smaller businesses. Need the AD to be plugging them for resources on the NIL train

Oh, and of course Tots commercials for DP

jbird

Agreed. Let's give this staff a chance to create a chemistry and culture here that wants players to stick around. They are off to a very good start by targeting the talent in Illinois, IMO.
I grajeeated in fore yeers wiffout Kimistry.

jbird

Agree

Not a fair comparison, Sarge. Once you've been to Cedar Falls, who would want to leave? After all, it's the second best-known city in Iowa with "Cedar" in its name.

Top Bottom