Brady Davis in the Hula Bowl 2021

Virginia Redbird

I have not seen this on the board but found it on the ISU Football Twitter page. Congrats to Brady for being accepted to the 2021 Hula Bowl. I would not have tuned in but now I plan on watching if I can get in here. January 31st and is supposed to be broadcast on CBS and its streaming services.

EsTCdtqVcAIIY1K.jpg

ISU86

couple of things in play here

- trend of the top players not going to these kind of games for fear of injury or poor performance
- players not wanting/willing to travel due to the coronavirus (and got down the list far enough to make it to his name)

may also be contributing factor to pulling out of Spring season

Virginia Redbird

I have no information about how the invitation came through. For Brady, regardless of how it happened, it gives him an opportunity to perform. When opportunity knocks, open the damn door! I hope he does very well and maybe it leads to a tryout somewhere else. I was pretty critical of Brady over the past few years at times but he was beginning to play well before the injury ended his season. I was really impressed that day how he tried hard to try to see if he could get back on the field and play. It was a shame he lost the fall season. Best of luck Brady!

MadBird

couple of things in play here

- trend of the top players not going to these kind of games for fear of injury or poor performance
- players not wanting/willing to travel due to the coronavirus (and got down the list far enough to make it to his name)

may also be contributing factor to pulling out of Spring season
I'm thinking also having an "inside" active agent might also play into it?

Hope he makes the best of his chance.

Redbirdwarrior

I like Brady, but the previous points about top players not risking draft damage by playing exhibition games is key to this.

Top Bottom