Brady Davis Ends Career

Adunk33

Staff member
Not a major surprise. I believe he is 25 or 26 and unlikely to play at the pro level. He’s married, and has a full life ahead of him. The Spring season wouldn’t have had much benefit for him.

Best of luck to Brady and the Mrs.

Chi-bird

Is he leaving before getting his degree? I would hope after all the years spent in school he’d at least have a bachelors under his belt.

ISUBU

I have a kid who also started college in 2015 and who is in the second year of her career already. I think he is moving on to the next stage, by doing every tryout he can for pro teams, and then (more likely) moving on to his post-playing career. Best of luck to him and his family.

There is a lot of transition going on with the team. January practices will be important.

Total Red

Staff member
I was really interested to see what he could with another year so there's some disappointment. He's a high class individual so his influence on the program will be missed.

The QB job will be open with Jefferson getting first crack at it. The transfer portal is always buzzing with activity. We would be fools not to keep an eye on who is available.

Dmills

I was really interested to see what he could with another year so there's some disappointment. He's a high class individual so his influence on the program will be missed.

The QB job will be open with Jefferson getting first crack at it. The transfer portal is always buzzing with activity. We would be fools not to keep an eye on who is available.
Spack has been high on Jefferson lately. I believe he won most improved offensive player in fall camp. Jefferson still only a sophomore. Would be a great time to get a transfer, but it feels unlikely. Waring and Morris have also been impressive from what I've heard. I don't think things are looking great for Baltz right now, but I'm sure others are more knowledgeable on that.

Redbird222

Is he leaving before getting his degree? I would hope after all the years spent in school he’d at least have a bachelors under his belt.
Davis leaves ISU with a degree in recreation management after graduating in December of 2019.

"I would have started grad school if I knew things would get dragged out like they did," he said. "I've been coasting and staying eligible to this point."

crazzymark

Well isu did have a real chance of a national championship...selfish is the word that comes to mind, for all of you that said that the seniors would stay..wrong.

StLRedbird

Best of luck on Davis' future endeavors. Seems a little odd for a guy with professional ambitions to pass up his last opportunity to show his wares.

I recall Spack being surprised with how Bryce Jefferson handled his sudden insertion into the starting QB role. Once you get past the mandatory physical tools a QB possesses, I think the ability to keep a calm head ranks next. I think folks like Timmy call it slowing down the game. His real time decision making was generally good. His arm is gonna get tested in '21.

MadBird

Wisconsin QB Jack Coan, last year's starter, also entered the portal. Was injured before the season this year, and never got his job back when he returned.

CaliRdBrd

Spack has been high on Jefferson lately. I believe he won most improved offensive player in fall camp. Jefferson still only a sophomore. Would be a great time to get a transfer, but it feels unlikely. Waring and Morris have also been impressive from what I've heard. I don't think things are looking great for Baltz right now, but I'm sure others are more knowledgeable on that.
Probably factored into his decision.

Top Bottom