Offered/Committed Elsewhere Bobby Durkin, 6-7, wing, Hinsdale, IL (now at IMG)

DougSutton

Dmills

His recruitment is currently blowing up
I knew he was having himself a good weekend but wow. Georgia Tech offer today in addition to Wyoming, Drake, Eastern Michigan, Towson, Loyola (MD), Vermont, and Rice so far this week.

DougSutton

Redbird222

Very good article here. Looks like Bobby could still re-classify for 2022 and is considering it as well. He's picking up a lot of offers. It mentions Illinois State and Georgia Tech over the weekend.

That open 2022 scholarship could be a difference

"With offers and interest flying in at a dizzying pace, Durkin may have the option of signing and heading off to college this fall after all. Some programs will take Durkin today as a Class of 2022 recruit, while others have offered him as a Class of 2023 recruit. Some will take him any way they can get him — as a Class of 2022 or Class of 2023 recruit."

"If the right fit is there and everything seems right with the Class of 2022, then that’s something I would take and look at seriously.

Last edited:

DougSutton

Think our best bet would be the open scholarship. I have faith in Pedon and staff but with the way he’s blowing up I’d rather it be done sooner than later.
yeah, understand. Of course I'd love to have him now and I can see how it might be great for him to come on board and have an immediate opportunity to contribute and be part of Pedon's first incoming class. At the same time, if I had an opportunity to live in Florida for 1 year, experience a different part of the country while improving my game, staying down there for 1 year would be tempting.

redbirdron1

This is very interesting. We can offer Bobby 3 options. Verbal and he can choose to attend this fall or he can do IMG and attend in fall of '23
or he could even come on board this fall and Redshirt, acclimate himself to the program and patiently wait for Seneca Knight to graduate and then have the Wing spot for 4 years.
Don't you think this applies a bit of pressure to Ty Pence to commit?

This is a beautiful thing we got going - when was the last time we were on the Radar of kids from Illinois??

It's like Pedon was clairvoyant by holding back the 13th scholarship. Kind of get the feeling our coach has been around the barn a couple
of times. Pretty sure our prior staff would have chosen another route.........possibly offered a rail thin kid who had the potential to add 60 lbs to his 7'0 frame with unbelievable upside according to his handlers while offering another scholly to his best pal to carry his bags to Normal. Then we'd likely find out our prized recruit didn't meet the minimum std's to play his first year.

Like I say, this is all very interesting. Go Birds!

MadBird

This is very interesting. We can offer Bobby 3 options. Verbal and he can choose to attend this fall or he can do IMG and attend in fall of '23
or he could even come on board this fall and Redshirt, acclimate himself to the program and patiently wait for Seneca Knight to graduate and then have the Wing spot for 4 years.

This is a beautiful thing we got going - when was the last time we were on the Radar of kids from Illinois??

It's like Pedon was clairvoyant by holding back the 13th scholarship. Kind of get the feeling our coach has been around the barn a couple
of times. Pretty sure our prior staff would have chosen another route.........possibly offered a rail thin kid who had the potential to add 60 lbs to his 7'0 frame with unbelievable upside according to his handlers while offering another scholly to his best pal to carry his bags to Normal. Then we'd likely find out our prized recruit didn't meet the minimum std's to play his first year.

Plus the skinny kid is from Florida or Georgia. ;)

Adunk33

For anyone who had to think about what "std's" was referring to...I believe it is "standards.":LOL:

DWRedbird

I don't think it puts pressure on Ty to commit. I'm pretty sure Pedon would happily take both at any time.

Adunk33

I don't think it puts pressure on Ty to commit. I'm pretty sure Pedon would happily take both at any time.
TECHNICALLY, there is only one scholarship remaining.
Open: Open
Sandage > Kinzinger
Knight > Walker

Obviously, there will be some more that become available but how many will be the key. What if they have a solid year and most of the guys want to run it back? The "seniors" are Lewis, Kotov, Petrakis, and Schmitt but they all have eligibility remaining.

That said, Dana Ford has like 20 guys on his roster right now. Most of which, had scholarship offers elsewhere. He's making it work, somehow.

SgtHulka

Where am I so far off in my chart?
Abc Wow GIF by The Bachelorette

Top Bottom