Blue Ribbon predictions

Redbirdwarrior

I think this is probably pretty fair. Without having seen them, I have rose colored glasses on and think they will be solidly in the middle of what I THINK (I don't want to start another battle here) is a pretty below average MVC. 9th, I think is fair. The publications that have us 11th and 12th, I don't buy for a second. With our schedule, I expect ISU will win at least 15 games this year.

Manchester Matt

Yeah, I think outside of Drake, it's really a crapshoot. The bottom two look right to me as well. I think they undervalue Murray State in these predictions as well. Could be a crazy year in the league with the three new teams and a lot of transfer additions. I think 9th is fair for a preseason ranking, but I believe we finish higher than that.

DWRedbird

Yeah, I think outside of Drake, it's really a crapshoot. The bottom two look right to me as well. I think they undervalue Murray State in these predictions as well. Could be a crazy year in the league with the three new teams and a lot of transfer additions. I think 9th is fair for a preseason ranking, but I believe we finish higher than that.

I agree, I think Murray St likely finishes in the top half of the conference, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them finish 3rd or so.

Birgs

Not really feeling these picks. I'm thinking more:
  1. Drake
  2. Missouri State
  3. Northern Iowa
  4. Bradley
  5. Murray State
  6. Southern Illinois
  7. Belmont
  8. Illinois State
  9. Valparaiso
  10. Illinois-Chicago
  11. Indiana State
  12. Evansville
Let's face it, Drake is consensus #1 and Evansville unanimous bottom-feeder. I think the Blue Ribbon predictions give Belmont a tad too much credit. Valley travel is gonna be a different animal.

I think Dana has some things clicking in the Ozarks.

Southern underwhelms me.

Murray will turn heads.

I wish Yak the best.

Valpo and Evansville are a waste of time.

We will have our growing pains, but if Pedon is all he's cracked up to be, we should be a pain in the rear in The Loo come the Arch March.

DaveBird10

When I saw this I was surprised that they had Indiana State at 5th and Murray State 10th. Those really stuck out at me but outside of Drake and Evansville like a lot of people have said I am not sure you really know where teams are going to finish. We have so many new guys and a new staff that imo we could surprise a few teams. With that said, looking forward to the season.

Adunk33

Staff member
I don't buy these predictions. Too much is unknown. I think it's very likely there will be minimal separation between 2-8

SgtHulka

I don't buy these predictions. Too much is unknown. I think it's very likely there will be minimal separation between 2-8
princess canada GIF by South Park

redbirdron1

Hoping for middle of the pack. Can we protect home court and gain some confidence once we load the bus for Road games?? It was painfully obvious we had 0 confidence away from home. That is completely mental and we’ll know over this first season if Pedon can begin to overcome that hurdle.
Found it interesting the staff enabled all holdover guards to leave…. We may have given up some athleticism on perimeter but keeping my fingers crossed we gained court sense and savvy. Guessing Pedon places a priority on ball care with overall EFFICIENCY in minimizing the empty chances on O.

Redbirdfan76

There always seems to be one surprise team in league play. Let’s think about it being the Redbirds this year. It may not look strong on paper, but I like to believe this roster can surprise and finish in the top half of the league. Play hard, play smart and we will all see what happens.

Manchester Matt

We'll finish around .500. Very boring to watch. Get knocked out in Round 2 of the Valley Tourney.
Based on what exactly? Boring to watch. Lol. You haven’t a damn clue, yet here you are with your anti-everything that just Muller agenda.

Redbirdfan06

We'll finish around .500. Very boring to watch. Get knocked out in Round 2 of the Valley Tourney.
We were 28 games under .500 the last 3 seasons of Muller. Were those 3 seasons boring to watch? There was a reason for a coaching change, but you seem to like to take subtle shots at the new coach. Let Pedon coach a season before we make say his teams are boring to watch.

P

Popsto4

There always seems to be one surprise team in league play. Let’s think about it being the Redbirds this year. It may not look strong on paper, but I like to believe this roster can surprise and finish in the top half of the league. Play hard, play smart and we will all see what happens.
From what I’m hearing the Redbirds will be pretty damn good. Defense is the name of the game gents. Offensively there won’t be many problems

P

Popsto4

Popsto4 - what's your gut feel on starters and rotation guys?
I believe starter will be Burford,
I believe it will be Burford, Knight
I believe Burford, Kasubke, Knight, Andrews and McChesney. I think Malachi will be first player off the bench. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start or play lots of minutes with Burford in the backcourt. Mal can run the point with any lineup as well. Sand age is the wildcard to this team. The catch will be which line up is the best defensively.

redbirdron1

Pops - that's why I reached out to you.....u seem to have insight and interesting perspective.

Kasubke getting his swagger back is HUGE. Andrews....now that kind of shocks me and McChesney has high ceiling so got it.

Lewis, not starting is surprising and the Big from W. Carolina???

Thanks for reply..

Top Bottom