Belmont to MVC: As early as next week

CB2K

That would be a solid addition from a men’s basketball perspective. Belmont has been quite good the past several years. As noted already, great city to visit. May have to take some road games there.

TBS_20

There's talk on the Murray State board of them going to the AAC.
Why? They just got raided and will get raided again in a few years. They don't have fbs football so they're moving from one dying conference to another. Makes no sense. Now if it's the A-10 then good for them

jwa123

There is smoke in the air that the league is going to 14 teams. Murray is one of the three. The other teams rumored are Texas Arlington and UALR. My Lord I would rue the day those two are added. Then again the smoke in the air could be nothing more than someone blowing smoke.

Most won’t agree with me but I find myself more and more wishing for the MAC.

Last edited:

ISUBird

Why? They just got raided and will get raided again in a few years. They don't have fbs football so they're moving from one dying conference to another. Makes no sense. Now if it's the A-10 then good for them
They could probably get more money from the AAC.

Here's the thread. Austin Peay Makes it Official, Leaving OVC - Page 3 - The Racer Nation

There is smoke in the air that the league that the league is going to 14 teams. Murray is one of the three. The other teams rumored are Texas Arlington and UALR. My Lord I would rue the day those two are added. Then again the smoke in the air could be nothing more than someone blowing smoke.

Most won’t agree with me but I find myself more and more wishing for the MAC
I don't want the MAC, but I don't want to move up.

If we had to go to 14 teams then give me NKU and Lipscomb(?) I guess.

TBS_20

TBS_20

Since slu and Dayton aren't realistic maybe they'll still try to do something crazy like long Beach state and St Mary's. The 2nd and 6th markets. Sure lbsu isn't a strong sports school now but it has the right ingredients. St Mary's is strong in basketball. Gcu in a top 10 market and Denver is top 15. But LBSU is only public of those mentioned. I think this would be better than Arlington and a private like oral Robert's or nku and some private.

Last edited:
Top Bottom