Belmont - 12/4/2022 - 1:00 PM - MVC TV (BSIN/BSKC/BSMW/BSS/BSSE/NBCSCH)

ISU86

There was more to like at Murray than any of the games in George Town ... although the offense (to me) it still has more of a HCDM feel to it then most would care to acknowledge (especially making a push in the second half only to come up short). Not equating DM to RP; way too soon in his tenure and one can only do so much.

I liked the shortening of the rotation, although I (personally) only really comfortable seven deep (hopefully Petrakis steps up and solidifies a solid eight ... or any of Andrews, Kotov, Schmitt, Sissoko).

Tempo will be a key as Belmont likes the pace faster than we appear to be handle reasonably well.

Feels like the time for coach and this team to both get their first W (that counts) at CEFCU Arena. It may not happen; just keeping hope alive.

Redbirds 70, Bruins 69

Phantom

Little by little, we're showing some improvement, despite the losing streak. Great effort against Murray, would've loved to steal that one.

I watched most of Belmont vs. Valpo the other night. They looked decent, but not overly impressive. Ben Sheppard is a stud though. Slowing him down will be key.

We win this one.

Our early struggles, plus going head to head with Bears/Packers (even with both teams being bad) is not going to help attendance much unfortunately.

Last edited:

Redbird222

I think Belmont is better offensively than Murray but I don't think defensively they are that strong. I don't think they will put as much in the ball pressure as other teams which should bode well for us and hopefully limiting out turnovers.

Both of these teams shoot FTs well ... one key may be limiting our fouls.

I think this game will be close

Belmont 72
Birds 68

P

Popsto4

I think Belmont is better offensively than Murray but I don't think defensively they are that strong. I don't think they will put as much in the ball pressure as other teams which should bode well for us and hopefully limiting out turnovers.

Both of these teams shoot FTs well ... one key may be limiting our fouls.

I think this game will be close

Belmont 72
Birds 68
I think we’re like 1-3 in close games and that was kind of expected by the team being pretty new. I have a feeling we will win this one and it could be an important turning point after a close loss last time out. Hopefully we reach 75 to win 75-69.

Bird Friend

Staff member
So far . . . their Frosh are outplaying our juniors and seniors. 9 points in 12+ minutes.

Metamoron

It appears to me moving Burford out of the point has taken him out of the offense.

Bird Friend

Staff member
McChesney showed up for this game. And the D was pretty darn good. We also were much more aggressive in getting to the ball than I've seen so far this year. Started slow, but really came alive. Considering we put up over 80 points, the number of shot clock violations is astonishing.

Top Bottom