Baseball begins this weekend!

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Birds are @ Belmont playing two 7 inn DH in two days on Sat/Sunday.

Then to OK St the following weekend for 3, though they got more snow than we did so we shall see if that happens.

JHBird

We're picked 2nd in the valley; hopefully we make the tourney again. I just started following the team a bit the last few years; still find it odd that
A. Dallas Baptist is in the valley and
B. They're picked higher than us.

I remember we played Houston Baptist in basketball a few years ago. I bet Dallas Baptist has to be a main rival; unless there's a Houston Heathen's University.

MadBird

I paid attention when I was in school because a couple of guys on the dorm floor played baseball. Then paid a little attention here and there over the years until maybe 7-10 years ago, when I caught them in Florida 3 or 4 years running during spring break. Have paid more attention since. They look strong this year, I hope they get to play their season.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Dallas Baptist is a perennial NCAA team.

According to their media guide:

9 NCAA Regionals in last 12 years
8 40 win seasons out of last 9
Finished 2015 with number 1 RPI
18 MLB players (made the majors) since 1987
56 draft picks in last 12 years
18 all americans since 2006

Their baseball is no joke.

JHBird

Hopefully we'll be able to watch them this spring in person. Ain't gonna miss the DBU series. I know that now. Actually I watched them in the MVC tourney here. If I recall we kinda of blew that game to them.

Phantom

Should be another solid season. Nice to see the program continue to elevate (aside from a couple bad years) in the last decade-plus.

MadBird

Didn't see anything listed for the Belmont series, and there's nothing on the schedule for any other games, but ESPN+ and 3 have lots of college baseball games listed. Maybe we'll get some broadcast at some point.

Manchester Matt

The 'Birds opened up a can on SIU-Eddieville in a doubleheader sweep yesterday, winning 5-1 and 9-1.

The baseball program is in great shape.

MadBird

Only Friday and Saturday are on ESPN+

And Goredbirds has Ok St at #17
Didn't see the Sunday deal.

#20 in D1Baseball.com and National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association, which was what ESPN showed them in their game schedule, where I got it. Translation - they're pretty good anyway you cut it!

Top Bottom