Barry

Seven

Word on the street is Democrats in Oklahoma are grooming him for a run at office and there’s corporate money backing him. This has gone around enough both throughout MVC circles and now trickling online that there’s smoke to it.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Careful on responses here. No politics. You can talk about this, don't bring in his or others political leanings.

Redbirdwarrior

I know when I am creating policy, I try to set up in the 1-3-1 and then switch to man to keep the other side of the aisle on their toes.

ISU86

I think Barry would make an enjoyable analyst on ESPN's mid-major telecasts, much like the role Mark Adams used to fill. He certainly has the verbal skills for it, and his knowledge/passion for the non-P6s certainly shows (as opposed to Malcolm Huckaby, who seems like someone woke him up fifteen seconds before tip-off).

And before anyone starts critiquing Hinson's credentials/record, remember that (Enthusi)Adams was 40-95 overall (19-38 in conference (East Coast/Mid-Continent)) at Central Connecticut State, whereas Hinson is 321-245 (177-141 in conference (Mid-Continent/Missouri Valley)) at Oral Roberts/(Southwest) Missouri State/Southern Illinois.

Redbird60451

ISU86 said:
I think Barry would make an enjoyable analyst on ESPN's mid-major telecasts, much like the role Mark Adams used to fill. He certainly has the verbal skills for it, and his knowledge/passion for the non-P6s certainly shows (as opposed to Malcolm Huckaby, who seems like someone woke him up fifteen seconds before tip-off).

And before anyone starts critiquing Hinson's credentials/record, remember that (Enthusi)Adams was 40-95 overall (19-38 in conference (East Coast/Mid-Continent)) at Central Connecticut State, whereas Hinson is 321-245 (177-141 in conference (Mid-Continent/Missouri Valley)) at Oral Roberts/(Southwest) Missouri State/Southern Illinois.

:text-+1:

SgtHulka

He needs to open up a BBQ joint in the Enterprise Center

Redbird Alum 2004

Rollbirds5 said:
SgtHulka said:
He needs to open up a BBQ joint in the Enterprise Center

Maybe he can take over for Todd Thomas being the in game personality too

I love Todd. My favorite memory of him was last year before the championship game. He was looking for a Loyola fan at the mvc fan hangout and this little kid says, "he left.". Todd ate it up. Unfortunately after that things went south for the redbirds after that.

RedbirdMan

Seven said:
Word on the street is Democrats in Oklahoma are grooming him for a run at office and there’s corporate money backing him. This has gone around enough both throughout MVC circles and now trickling online that there’s smoke to it.

This for serious?

ISU FAN 1

RedbirdMan said:
Seven said:

This for serious?
As serious as Barry’s proposed height tax.

SgtHulka

ISU FAN 1 said:
RedbirdMan said:
Seven said:

This for serious?
As serious as Barry’s proposed height tax.
Great. More trickle down Staturnomics

Seven

RedbirdMan said:
Seven said:

This for serious?

Yes. No inside or firsthand info, just that the people saying it work around the league.

Tpguy

He would be a natural for TV just like his 2nd cousin Harry Carry

ISU FAN 1

He’s been talking tax credits, jobs, and military for years.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/watch-epic-coach-rant/

Chi-bird

ChiRedbirdfan said:
Chi-bird said:
I’d like to see Barry replace Doug Elgin.
. Why...seems like it would be more of the same?

I guess I tend to believe that the MVC is in danger of becoming the OVC, or worse, and that reversing the conferwnce’s downward spiral is going to take a visible, boisterous personality, among other things.

Red Rocker

I really like this guy and I believe he is a real good basketball coach. I know he gets disrespected a lot but I think its unfair. I think he speaks the truth and some don’t like that. He certainly is entertaining.

He has a good chance to go to the dance as much as anyone. If not ISU, he deserves it the most of anyone as he got super snubbed twice when at MSU.

As for commissioner, you bet. I haven’t seen anything that Elgin has ever done for ISU except give us Jansen and Pollard in the title games. He certainly hasn’t had much stroke with the selection committees.

Top Bottom