at Wisconsin

ISU86

on the assumption that this game gets played (and given the rate that games are getting either canceled or rescheduled wiith a different opponent), and that is a big if (see below) ...

the Badgers are coming off a long layoff, as their last game action will have been two weeks ago. Assuming we come back focused from the Holiday break, we could give them a closer game then most anticipate.

Redbirds 69
Badgers 76

NOTE: The Wisconsin women's team, who paused on December 22 and cancelled a game versus Eastern Illinois, just postponed their conference opener for the night after our game (their men's team paused the following day)

cubird

Slow down Davidson and Davis to stay in the game. Lots of super seniors on roster.

Birdswin

The UW Athletic Department said today, the basketball game on Wednesday versus Illinois State will be played as scheduled. We have tickets and will be in Madison.

MadBird

Slow down Davidson and Davis to stay in the game. Lots of super seniors on roster.
If you're talking Wisconsin, Davison is the only super-senior they have, and only one other senior, 7' transfer from Cincy Chris Vogt. In fact, UW is not all that experienced, starting a freshman at point (Hepburn) and soph at center (Crowl) who only played 36 minutes last year and scored 8 points. Johnny Davis is a soph, and junior Tyler Wahl is the other starter. Bring a junior transfer and another freshman off the bench at guard, and two sophs on the front line who played 9 and 7 games last year. Very inexperienced team all in all.

Not that that will help us all that much, whoever guards Davis - Lewis maybe or Reeves - will have his hands full, he's a load. Hepburn is tough at the point, makes his share of mistakes but he's over 210 pounds. Crowl can shoot from beyond the arc (typical UW big). Wahl can hide at times, but is very versatile at 6'9 220 lbs. Will be a tough matchup for Birds.

DoubleDeuce

I'm coming up for the game staying at the AC Hotel. Anybody going out before the game?

Adunk33

Staff member
Game will now be televised on the Big Ten Network.
That's good news. I wasn't going to happy having to pay $10 to watch the game. I was gonna do it....but just wasn't going to be thrilled.

DaveBird10

That's good news. I wasn't going to happy having to pay $10 to watch the game. I was gonna do it....but just wasn't going to be thrilled.
Game will now be televised on the Big Ten Network.

I was torn on if I was going to pay the $10 or listen to Dick and Matty on WJBC. This makes it a heck of a lot easier and even better.

Cindy00

That's only .2 miles from our hotel, sounds like a good plan to me.

I'm not going to be able to make it up there but have spent a lot of time in Madison. Youngbloods has great beer. The food is good but not a large menu. If you are looking for other places to eat I would also recommend Great Dane and/or Dotty's. Working Draft and Hop Haus are also some of our favorite breweries in the Madison area.

Dmills

2 observations from players' posts on Instagram:

1. The team has arrived in Madison (great sign that they are moving full steam ahead with the game)
2. Kotov apparently has a swollen/black eye, presumably from practice on Sunday or Monday.

Top Bottom