At UCF Friday 6pm

4thRowRedbird

Any thoughts on this game? UCF picked to win the AAC over Cincinnati. Cincinnati absolutely destroyed UCLA last night. So if UCF is better than Cincinnati, I think our beloved birds are in trouble. Hopefully the guys that played the last 5 min of regulation and OT against Cleveland State show up. I want to say we get a W, but in reality I think we lose by 8-10 points.

BrysonYaklichFan

4thRowRedbird said:
Any thoughts on this game? UCF picked to win the AAC over Cincinnati. Cincinnati absolutely destroyed UCLA last night. So if UCF is better than Cincinnati, I think our beloved birds are in trouble. Hopefully the guys that played the last 5 min of regulation and OT against Cleveland State show up. I want to say we get a W, but in reality I think we lose by 8-10 points.

If this is under a 15 point loss ill be shocked. I'm guessing 92-74 UCF. They might even drop a dime on us. This one is going to be ugly, folks. Probably the most ugly of the year. But, if the defense shows up it might be closer. But, no reason to believe they will. Either way they'll lose because their offense isn't good enough to keep up.

V Boy

Will be at this one.

This will be maybe the only game where ISU needs to shoot, and make, a bunch of 3s to have a shot.

Fayne can get his, but Fall is going to make it harder than usual and he’s going to alter shots on drives from the guards.

We need to reverse the ball, set some legit ball screens, and hit the 3-ball tomorrow.

If we do it will be close. If we don’t we’ll lose by 20.

SgtHulka

I'm just glad it isn't being played on a Tuesday.

Birds - 75
Mouseketeers - 69

Buffett

Phayne may still get most of his, Fall only ave playing 23 mins a game but.. we wont win this

stats

They seem to be a slow offense, but very good defense with Fall in the game. When he is not in the game, they get up and down the court quicker. They looks like two different teams, which are both good.

I think this game will rely on our 3 point shooting, even more than most games.

ricohill

This would be a shocking win for ISU. They are better than us in every area of the game. Offensive and Defensive efficiency is significantly better.

Also, UCF is 73rd in the country in Offensive FG percentage and 20th in defensive FG percentage.

Plus, Fayne will probably be a non-factor. He hasn't played well against anyone bigger or stronger all year.

Only chance ISU has is chuck up a ton of threes and hope they don't miss.

Baltimore Bird

UCF 88, ISU 59; This will be low point before we completely turn it on after the new year and win both the regular season the tournament!

DannyCooksey

I hope we play hard at both ends for 40 minutes.

I will be pleased as punch as long as we do that.

ISU86

Illinois State +13
Over/Under 141

Not sure about the point spread, but definitely like the over on this one

Do not think the 'birds will get blown out, but also do not think we will ever feel that they were "in it"

Golden Knights 79, Redbirds 68

RedbirdFanatic32

I highly, highly doubt we win this game. Not impossible, but we have to play up to our potential, and has others have said: No reason to think we will.

Redbird222

The game will be close and there will be a silly foul committed by the birds at least 30 feet from the basket. After a dozen negative posts on this board, Bj Taylor from CFU will calmly make 2 free throws resulting in a 1 point CFU lead. The birds will inbound the ball and pass it to Copeland who will be dribbling out of control making a beeline towards the sideline near our bench. Instead of pulling up and shooting a long three, his body begins to fall helplessly to the ground with no hope of ever being able regain control and ultimately get a shot. Wait, a faint whistle pierces the deafening crowd noise. Yes Taylor has inexucably bumped Copeland and returned the favor. Copeland steps to the free throw line and the birds win 63 to 62. Florida breaks their home and home contract with CFU for losing to one if the most disappointing teams this season.

Screw it that would never happen however I do believe in revenge and our Florida boys putting on a good show in their home state

Birds 73
CFU 71

SgtHulka

Redbird222 said:
The game will be close and there will be a silly foul committed by the birds at least 30 feet from the basket. After a dozen negative posts on this board, Bj Taylor from CFU will calmly make 2 free throws resulting in a 1 point CFU lead. The birds will inbound the ball and pass it to Copeland who will be dribbling out of control making a beeline towards the sideline near our bench. Instead of pulling up and shooting a long three, his body begins to fall helplessly to the ground with no hope of ever being able regain control and ultimately get a shot. Wait, a faint whistle pierces the deafening crowd noise. Yes Taylor has inexucably bumped Copeland and returned the favor. Copeland steps to the free throw line and the birds win 63 to 62. Florida breaks their home and home contract with CFU for losing to one if the most disappointing teams this season.

Screw it that would never happen however I do believe in revenge and our Florida boys putting on a good show in their home state

Birds 73
CFU 71
Turnabout. Nice :clap: :clap: :clap:

Phantom

Still feeling a little bitter about the NIT loss to these guys 2 years ago. Should've definitely had that one. But I digress.

Last chance for a big win and one that would certainly give a jolt of confidence heading into Valley play. Hope to catch them napping, but I don't expect that.

Them 79
Us 68

Top Bottom