At Missouri State

Cindy00

The women just had one of the biggest wins in recent seasons by taking down 1st place Missouri State. The Bears had not lost a conference game this season. This program is pointing up & these ladies are really fun to watch & cheer for. Simone had a nice block at the end of the game & the team made free throws to secure the win. Always great to celebrate a big Redbird victory.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Redbird82

Big congrats to the ladies, very impressive win. Gillespie is as good as the last coach was bad.

MadBird

I don't know if I'd say I'm "following" women's hoops now, but I'm at least "paying attention". So, take this with a grain of salt, BUT . . . .

This seems like sort of a "signature" win - a turning of the corner on the "old bad days" and a signal that better days are coming, or really are here already. This type of win should give this group of ladies great confidence that they can compete with the current top rung of the MVC and set the tone for the future.

Reggie Redbird

This win was huge in terms of conference seeding. A win that other teams won’t have in their favor. At 7-5, we’re fighting UNI (8-4) and Bradley (7-5) for the 3 seed. I think our best bet to win the conference tournament is if we get the 3 seed, and start with Loyola or SIU as the 6. Then hope the 2-3 is us vs MoST who we seem to match up better against than Drake.

Regardless, KG has taken over a program that was in deep, dark places and shows us we can be back in the upper half of the conference and competing with anyone. To do that in less than 2 seasons is remarkable. Not only has the staff recruited some great talent but also developed people here from the previous tenure.

JHBird

Totally shocked they won that game on the road. Gotta be a big confidence boost for the rest of the season.

Top Bottom