Archie gone at IU........

Birdswin

Well, Indiana had no problem with paying Archie Miller $10 million to leave after under achieving for 4 years. But, our administration cannot figure out $1.5 million after 4 straight years of unsatisfactory performance, which was preceded with one good year, but all ending in disappointment. What a stark difference.

bombay

One school gets $41 million per year from their conference. And has mega boosters. The other has poor people crying.

Redbird Alum 2004

One booster paid the buyout. Another booster is paying for the new coach. So I guess we now know the expectations of being a fan. Right Rico? Right Cali? Those boosters didn't just bitch, they put down the money. Since you guys are real fans I will assume you two will handle Dan's buyout and the new coach.

Birdfriend72

One booster paid the buyout. Another booster is paying for the new coach. So I guess we now know the expectations of being a fan. Right Rico? Right Cali? Those boosters didn't just bitch, they put down the money. Since you guys are real fans I will assume you two will handle Dan's buyout and the new coach.
If the booster puts the money down he should pick the coach!

ricohill

Obviously for ISU it would be like playing 4D chess and completely unrealistic, but if we could unload the anchor we currently have as a head coach, I would love to try to get Archie Miller or Steve Prohm that just got let go at Iowa State.

I’m generally not a fan of recycled coaches, but if either one of those guys is hungry to win their way back into a bigger job they would be great at ISU.

CaliRdBrd

Jesus, you’re insufferable.
If I had Cuban-like money I’d foot the buy out. That said, I do regularly donate but haven’t this year. When they solicit I make sure they understand I’ll donate again once Muller has been replaced.
You can keep sucking up to Muller and enjoy this shit-stain of a program that circles the drain regularly.
Me? I’ll enjoy the beaches and sunny weather here in CA and continue to work on my short game.
Enjoy.

Redbird Alum 2004

If I had Cuban-like money I’d foot the buy out. That said, I do regularly donate but haven’t this year. When they solicit I make sure they understand I’ll donate again once Muller has been replaced.
You can keep sucking up to Muller and enjoy this shit-stain of a program that circles the drain regularly.
Me? I’ll enjoy the beaches and sunny weather here in CA and continue to work on my short game.
Enjoy.
Me understanding that isu isn't buying him out isn't me sucking up to him. You sure seem to post a lot about firing Muller for enjoying the sunny weather, beaches and writing on your short game.

Oh and if you think I am insufferable you should try reading your posts and the others that only talk about firing Muller in every thread.

Last edited:

SgtHulka

tyson GIF

SgtHulka

Me understanding that isu isn't buying him out isn't me sucking up to him. You sure seem to post a lot about firing Muller for enjoying the sunny weather, beaches and writing on your short game.

Oh and if you think I am insufferable you should try reading your posts and the others that only talk about firing Muller in every thread.
So... you're saying there's a theory afoot that ISU can't afford the buyout? Perhaps we should discuss this further?

CaliRdBrd

Good for you. You’re a true fan that will be with ISU through thick and (mostly) thin. What a warrior you and a few others are. God, I admire you all...
In fact, I’ll think I’ll join your ostrich-like ranks. Long live the underperforming, never-ending, shit-show known as Redbird basketball!
Man, I feel better already...

The Beak

Good for you. You’re a true fan that will be with ISU through thick and (mostly) thin. What a warrior you and a few others are. God, I admire you all...
In fact, I’ll think I’ll join your ostrich-like ranks. Long live the underperforming, never-ending, shit-show known as Redbird basketball!
Man, I feel better already...

Obtuse much? Or just trolling? Or both?

CaliRdBrd

Obtuse much? Or just trolling? Or both?
I recognize a rhetorical question when I see one, but I’ll take the bait anyway...

Regret is more like it, but basically I’m just disgusted/embarrassed with our basketball team (captain obvious ‘eh?).

In my case, it’s considerably magnified considering I have brothers with degrees from San Diego State, Iowa, and Arkansas.

ISU86

I recognize a rhetorical question when I see one, but I’ll take the bait anyway...

Regret is more like it, but basically I’m just disgusted/embarrassed with our basketball team (captain obvious ‘eh?).

In my case, it’s considerably magnified considering I have brothers with degrees from San Diego State, Iowa, and Arkansas.
Captain Obvious point II: their athletic department fiscal margins for error, even SDS, is far beyond ours (and having one check buyout donors does not hurt either).

cubird

Archie can sit out next year and head to Arizona to help his brother clean up the program!

CaliRdBrd

Captain Obvious point II: their athletic department fiscal margins for error, even SDS, is far beyond ours (and having one check buyout donors does not hurt either).
Understood. And I also understand the “we don’t have the money to buy out Muller argument “. I disagree in that I feel like we do have the money. I also feel strongly that one more second of Muller’s underachieving fingerprints on this program drive it closer to the abyss. I said it before and I’ll say it again, can we afford not to find the money to buy him out? I’m not so sure.

ricohill

And they probably didn’t just sit 2020-21 out and lose 54 percent of their donors like ISU did.

Top Bottom