Arch madness draw

Redbird Alum 2004

So who do you guys want to play Thursday? The only team I definitely don't want to see is Missouri State. With Prim healthy they are scary. My preference in order would be INST, Drake and Valpo. Freeman liberty is really coming on so hopefully Valpo works their way into the 7 spot.

Redbird222

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
So who do you guys want to play Thursday? The only team I definitely don't want to see is Missouri State. With Prim healthy they are scary. My preference in order would be INST, Drake and Valpo. Freeman liberty is really coming on so hopefully Valpo works their way into the 7 spot.

Agree no Missouri State ... their front line presents problems for us. My preference would be Drake, Indy St, and then Valpo. I wonder if we had played a zone in the second half against Valpo if we could have controlled the bleeding and pulled out the win.

Trey_Guidry4three

Missouri state doesnt really bother me. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a year. I'd want to play Valpo if I had to pick a team. One I do NOT want is Drake. Drake poses too many problems for us. The win on Saturday we had several breaks that went our way and I'm not sure we can duplicate such luck

SgtHulka

Trey_Guidry4three said:
Missouri state doesnt really bother me. Hard to beat a Good team 3 times in a year. I'd want to play Valpo if I had to pick a team. One I do NOT want is Drake. Drake poses too many problems for us. The win on Saturday we had several breaks that went our way and I'm not sure we can duplicate such luck

Redbird222

SgtHulka said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:
Missouri state doesnt really bother me. Hard to beat a Good team 3 times in a year. I'd want to play Valpo if I had to pick a team. One I do NOT want is Drake. Drake poses too many problems for us. The win on Saturday we had several breaks that went our way and I'm not sure we can duplicate such luck

Correct ... it is also easier to beat a team three times when you have already beaten them the first 2 times. I am pretty sure the odds are in the terms favor that won the two previous games.

jamminjamarsmiley

It's Drake or Mo state with 24/32 scenarios this weekend resulting in Drake as the 8 seed.

Drake could end the Birds season twice in a row.

Trey_Guidry4three

Redbird222 said:
SgtHulka said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:

Correct ... it is also easier to beat a team three times when you have already beaten them the first 2 times. I am pretty sure the odds are in the terms favor that won the two previous games.

It's more like 65/35. Not 95/5

Redbird222

Trey_Guidry4three said:
Redbird222 said:

It's more like 65/35. Not 95/5
This is what I had seen ... they quote over 72% although I did see for NFL a number similar to yours 14 of 21 time or 66%

Still not 95 but I like the 72% odds.

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/is-it-really-difficult-to-beat-a-team-3-straight-times

According to STATS LLC., there have been 981 similar matchups across Division I college basketball over the past 10 seasons. The teams entering the third game 2-0 are a combined 710-271 (.724 winning percentage) in the third meeting.

RedbirdSoxFan

If we turn the ball over 19 times & Zach goes 3 for 19, like we did against Bradley, it won’t matter who we play, we’re done. If we hold our turnovers to under 10 and Zach can go 8 for 16, I like our chances against Drake or MIssouri State.

Top Bottom